Does any off ya'll play video games?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tiger Woods Golf 2005 was about the best golf game I've played on PS2. Also spent far too much time playing Midnight Club 2. Played alot of Dance Dance Revolution with my kids when they were young.

Yes, I'm aging. Thought about getting a PS4 a few months ago but PS5 is coming out in a few months so I'll wait.

Modern Warfare on PS4 is kinda my jam now. I don't like the Warzone bit. It's too much like Fortnite and I'm not a fan of that at all. I'm all over Overwatch when MW gets mundane.

I recently got a gaming laptop and revitalized my love for CoD: BO2. I forgot how much I loved the multiplayer. The only game I truly miss after leaving XBOX (entirely different thread) is Gears of war. I can totally do that now on the laptop. I'm in the middle of 4 and 5 is in the on-deck circle. I can even play with a PS4 controller.

I have started Destroy all Humans too. Pretty fun game when I'm not knee deep in the others.

Lately, I've been playing a game on the gaming website Steam called RUST, which is by far the most toxic community of online gamers I've ever encountered. It's a survival game set on an island in a post apocalyptic near future, where you are basically test subjects in some experiment being run by a shadowy corporation called Cobalt. RUST will literally put the lizard portion of your brain on overdrive and make you want to put your fist through your monitor. That's how bad the other players will p**s you off. I also have an Xbox One with too many games to even begin to list here.

From time to time I play diablo 3, xcom, and I have started playing CoD:ww2 Since it was free, on a PS4

My wife bought me a switch for my birthday 2 years ago. I've always been partial to Nintendo, and I think she felt bad that I sold my entire retro collection when I moved in. I love that fkn console. Sooo many old, classic titles that I love, along with newer releases (Switch gets games months later than xbox/ps, and usually more expensive) and the mobility makes me hope they keep the handheld consoles going infinitely. Right now playing through some Final Fantasy remasters, but I fire up diablo 3 whenever the new seasons start. Occasionally get way too sucked into Skyrim since its still somewhat new to me.

I'll trade you my 4 year old and twin 9 month olds...as long as they help with the brewing and the yard work!
Hahaha. Funny story. I had my six year old help bottle one time. She went to school the next day and told her teacher that her dad brews beer at home. The teacher was amused by that, but less amused when my daughter told her that some spilled on her hand, she tasted it, and that it was good tasting beer.

I was petrified when the teacher shared that nugget at our parent-teacher meeting.

Last time she helped me bottle.

Was inspiration to start kegging...haha.

I work as a programmer, and I need the relief from gaming occasionally, especially since I'm working from home now. I hate consoles, and I only play on PC though. I don't own many titles, but I love the Call of Duty franchise, Skyrim, Final Fantasy, and Read Dead Redemption 2. I have a Logitech G29 wheel with shifter and clutch, so I love American Truck Simulator, ETS, Forza and Project Cars.

I love some of the older games like Doom, Zork and King's Quest. Some of the old Arcade games like Galaga and Crusin the World.

I've coded a couple small games before, if I had the time I would love to rewrite some of the simple classics like Pong, or checkers.

I quit gaming for years, glad I started back, even though I only play a few hours a week usually.

Yeah! I'm playing in CS:GO. This game has taught me about interesting tactical things that were pretty much useful for me. Actually, I'm playing in this game from the beginning of it's appearance. The thing is, that when I noticed that I'm overpaying in this game and noticed that I'm slowly losing the money, I came across the tip about how to sell csgo skins. It's pretty interesting idea, cause it has helped me to raise the money quick and easy. I noticed how the money can appear in the life so easy that I never thought...

Hahaha. Funny story. I had my six year old help bottle one time. She went to school the next day and told her teacher that her dad brews beer at home. The teacher was amused by that, but less amused when my daughter told her that some spilled on her hand, she tasted it, and that it was good tasting beer.

I was petrified when the teacher shared that nugget at our parent-teacher meeting.

Last time she helped me bottle.

Was inspiration to start kegging...haha.
Should have made a bud light clone. Then she would have said it was yucky.

Anyone playing Forza Horizon 5 now?

I’m an old dude, so I’m not awesome at gaming, but if anyone is up for some multiplayer competition or co-op, let me know.

I don’t know if it’s cross platform, but I play on xbox x.

That is exactly what I use the PS4 for...with three kids under 4 I need the break!

Oh man, do I feel you. I've got a 4 year old, 2 year old, and one due in June.

For me, I game on PS5 mostly, but some games on Switch as well. I'm a big FromSoftware guy, so Elden Ring was big for a while along w/ Sekiro before that. I'm really excited for the new Star Wars Jedi Survivor game, which is similar to those FromSoft games. I will occasionally do a Path of Exile league, which is like Diablo 2 on steroids (and much, much better than Diablo 3 IMO). I have a few that I need to get to, but my backlog is too big to justify other new games.

I also have a PSVR which is pretty fun. RE7 on it brought me back to feeling I had playing RE2 as a kid. Superhot and Beat Saber are also a couple of games I really like on PSVR.

For Switch I got Skyward Sword HD for Christmas, so been making my way through that. I really like the 2D games on that like Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, and Hades.

Anyone playing Forza Horizon 5 now?

I’m an old dude, so I’m not awesome at gaming, but if anyone is up for some multiplayer competition or co-op, let me know.

I don’t know if it’s cross platform, but I play on xbox x.
I ended up building a racing simulator, I'm not all that great at the game but I love to play, and it is cross compatible online, I know because I convoy with my cousin a lot and he's on X-Box.

I can DM you my username if you want. It's boring playing by yourself all the time.

Yes Sir! Please do. I’ll send ya back my username, and if we see each other online I’d love to try out the online side of the game.

I tried the online part in the last Horizon, but the average player was way beyond my skill level. Heh.

Back