Do you wear bedroom slippers to the liqour store?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgln

Reaction score
Is this just a local thing around here or do you see this too. BTW, no I do not wear bedroom slippers to the liqour store! :(

I wear my bathrobe, boxers, and wifebeater with cig burns. Nobody has ever said anything about my slippers.... :D

I just can't believe sometimes I am standing in line with the person in front of me dressed like that in public. How lazy you must have to be or so uncomcerend with how you look?

Oh sorry just noticed the time have to go. Now where did I leave them slippers?

I hate it when people wear pajamas to the store. How hard is it to put on a pair of jeans and flipflops?

I see people wearing PJs all the time. Even in a restaurant one time. When I am eating seafood at a Red Lobster, the last thing I need to see is some guy walking around in his PJs with his Jigglywobbler bobbing around all over the place. :(

B000127MIK.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I see people wearing PJs all the time. Even in a restaurant one time. When I am eating seafood at a Red Lobster, the last thing I need to see is some guy walking around in his PJs with his Jigglywobbler bobbing around all over the place. :(

Why exactly are you looking at his jigglywobbler? :D

Some people like to be bedroom comfortable..all the time.

I have to wonder. If there wasn't that "no shirt no shoes no service" rule, would these people even put on pajama's?

And Why does that rule say nothing about pants?? Does that mean if I show up at a restaurant wearing a shirt and shoes and nothing else, they still have to serve me?

Deep thoughts....

PS: Should have made this a poll. lol

I don't go near the local liquor store, but it can't be any worse that what's out on the street.

there ain't no need to put on fancy shoes to go and pick up my box o' rocks for the night.....but yes I've seen it....I think this just fits into a discussion of the multiple things people just should not wear in public.

I always wear slippers to the liquor store. Maybe a hat too, but that's it. No mussing about with pants, shirts, underware. Screw all that nonsense, you can keep your societal restraints off my man bits!

I've been known to wear fuzzy jammies to the store from time to time. SWMBO gets embarrassed and won't go with me when I do that. It's comfy and I don't care! It's not like I'm going to court or a job interview or anything.

Swmbo gets mad ad me for taking the trash out in my boxers, or watering the grass in my boxers. Seriously is there something wrong with that. Sometimes I even have briefs under my boxers, and there is a fly button too. Its my yard, maybe I wouldnt walk the street in them, but in my yard, it's cool right?

Swmbo gets mad ad me for taking the trash out in my boxers, or watering the grass in my boxers. Seriously is there something wrong with that. Sometimes I even have briefs under my boxers, and there is a fly button too. Its my yard, maybe I wouldnt walk the street in them, but in my yard, it's cool right?

All depends on your neighbors. I'd be fine with it, who cares! But I've known some people to get uncomfortable over the slightest thing, people now adays really need to be less uptight.

well they are just shorts. I couldnt pee out of the fly even if I wanted. I've been know to pee on the side of the house too!

I have slippers, but wouldn't wear them to the store. As for pj's, don't own any. Why would anyone want to wear anything to bed??

My slippers are like moccasins. I sometimes wear them out, but only if I know I'm not goign to get them dirty. They are supposed to be only for in the house. But I sometimes take them to the pharmacy, or video store, or whatever.

But never with my PJs! That would be slobbish.

I will wear my slippers (with rubber soles) outside of the house, but the most adventurous they get is a trip to the compost pile or the mail box.

I don't sleep in pajamas, but I put them on when I get home. It's how I keep my work clothes from getting covered in dog hair. But I'm never too lazy to put on real clothes to run errands.

First off, to anyone who knocks wearing your pajamas out in public, I offer the following STFU:

Dude.jpg

Secondly, they're not bedroom slippers. They're "House Shoes". My wife hates, hates, HATES that term, which is why I love it...:D

[youtube]f9e7Towt2RA[/youtube]

I'm wearing mine right now, and have worn them pretty well everywhere. If they look like shoes, who's to care. And I'm pretty sure, the clerk at my liquor store could care less about footwear.

edit: I feel that the occasional trip out in a well made pair of moccasins is equivalent to wearing a pair of Birkenstocks year round. If I had bunny slippers, they wouldn't ever see the natural light of day.

I'm wearing mine right now, and have worn them pretty well everywhere. If they look like shoes, who's to care. And I'm pretty sure, the clerk at my state store could care less about footwear.

Sure, if you don't respect yourself or your fellow citizens enough to be dressed properly when you're out in public. :mug:

I am talking about fuzzy slippers sometimes with the bunny, cat, dog and mouse faces on them, and yeah often with pajama bottoms.

I rarely see men do this, it is usually women between teen and middle ages, often in groups. Hey, just callin' it like I see it. :(

I rarely see men do this, it is usually women between teen and middle ages, ...
True. Usually younger, I don't see too many middle aged women in them where I live. Usually black or white trash women. As you said, just callin' it as I see it.

I think this may be a Jeff Foxworthy bit; "If you've ever worn pajamas and house slippers to Wal-Mart..."

True. Usually younger, I don't see too many middle aged women in them where I live. Usually black or white trash women. As you said, just callin' it as I see it.

I think this may be a Jeff Foxworthy bit; "If you've ever worn pajamas and house slippers to Wal-Mart..."

Judging from their activity and discussions it usually appears the teenage girls are accompanied by a middle age woman because they are too young to buy beer or probably even be in the store unsupervised by an adult. It usually appears they are going back to party together. And you are correct, I do not see this as any kind of racial thing, it's across the board.

Again, just calling it as I see it, could be way off though and yes I am generalizing.

They are only two dress codes for Wal-Mart:

1. Sunday Best, because Wal-Mart is your Mecca and it must be shown you utmost adoration.

2. Things you really shouldn't been seen wearing in public, but it's Wal-Mart and just feels like your second home. Plus, momma can get you discounts on the day old fried chicken in the deli.

Why did I just let on how much I really know about Wal-Mart?:confused:

Judging from their activity and discussions it usually appears the teenage girls are accompanied by a middle age woman because they are too young to buy beer or probably even be in the store unsupervised by an adult. It usually appears they are going back to party together. And you are correct, I do not see this as any kind of racial thing, it's across the board.

Again, just calling it as I see it, could be way off though and yes I am generalizing.

Comon, just admit it, everytime you go into a walmart, you subconsciously expect to see Britney or Jaime Spears!

I have to wonder. If there wasn't that "no shirt no shoes no service" rule, would these people even put on pajama's?

And Why does that rule say nothing about pants?? Does that mean if I show up at a restaurant wearing a shirt and shoes and nothing else, they still have to serve me?

A couple guys did this for our senior video in highschool. They had one kid wearing socks, shoes, tighty whities, and a tshirt walking into businesses and then arguing that the sign had nothing stating pants if they said anything. it was pretty funny.

I wear PJ pants if we're running to like the video store.
Not slippers ever.
Crocks if I don't have to get out of the car.
But a few years ago when I was still in college....?....What are jeans? Oh those things I wear to the bars. Other than that, PJ it up!

Also PJ Pants once it's relaxing time after work and outside work is done. 98% of our parties or Pajama parties. Becuse I love drinking and being comfy while playing rockband!

If you're not worried about your appearence, at least have the decency to put on bedroom slippers and not Crocs. I would throw up on crocs when I see them in public, but they would just hose 'em off and put them back on.

Notice I said I only wear the crocs if I'm not getting out of the car.
Side note . SWMBO just bought a pair of crocs that look like regular women;s flat shoes.

Back