Do you need a 1 off Stainless part built for your system? Let's discuss it.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are working with the low DO brewing, I'm out. Short of plumbing a corny keg between the fermentation vessel and one of these catchers, you won't be happy. This was designed to make my life easier not to conform to a pdf's low do standard. While I understand why it's something that people want to persue, in all the discussions I have seen on the topic, there is a lot of losing the forest through the trees. Or however the saying goes.

Can you tap a 1.5" triclover cap with 1/2" NPT threads? I know you have a triclover cap with a 1/2" NPT nut welded to it but that won't work for what I'm doing.

Also, I'd like six beer hex nuts in stainless. All I can find are chrome

Thanks!

Can you tap a 1.5" triclover cap with 1/2" NPT threads? I know you have a triclover cap with a 1/2" NPT nut welded to it but that won't work for what I'm doing.

Also, I'd like six beer hex nuts in stainless. All I can find are chrome

Thanks!

PM inbound

Cheers
Jay

cold crash pics, note the water/sanitizer it brought into the jar (instead of my fermenter)

img_13321-67562.jpg

img_13331-67563.jpg

Nice, is that a DIY glycol chiller (cooler)?

bringing up a request from a couple pages ago, are you able to make "end pieces" for 3 piece ball valves that have either male ends, or camlock QDs? All currently available versions have 2 female ends.

I just discovered Spike Brewing as a 3 piece ball valve with a male end and a female end. Any chance you could fab an end that has the male cam lock fitting on it instead?

-Steve

I just discovered Spike Brewing as a 3 piece ball valve with a male end and a female end. Any chance you could fab an end that has the male cam lock fitting on it instead?

-Steve

Were working on something at the moment. Waiting for the proto to come back to me to make sure it works with our 3 pc ball valves. We will see. I just got a 1/2" TC to 1 1/2" TC ball valve proto sent to me and it was backwards..Uhhhhggggg!

Cheers
Jay

Do you think it would be possible to make a 1/2 npt ball valve with the trick amp quick clean so it can be disassembled for super easy cleaning. 3 piece are nice, but still not as fast to disassemble as a tri

So I'm working on a project to make an adapter for a peltier cooling system for fermentation tanks. I've got a mock-up I'll be machining out of solid 6061 aluminum, but I thought I'd offer the suggestion to make it out of folded sheet metal(which I have less design experience in). The key is the 75mm x 75mm m3 hole pattern which corresponds to a Intel Socket 1150 heat sink. The plan is to strap it to the tank using zip ties, it's pretty lightweight. The idea behind using sheet metal would be it makes far easier to adapt to a variety of fermenters instead of having to custom machine it, plus it'll be a lot cheaper. Can you handle sheet metal?
5f4ff9d7bd.jpg

5f5015e66c.jpg

No I didn't. Sorry about that. I though you said you were good and didn't really need it but was just kind of thinking of others. We have been SLAMMED in the fab shop but I can absolutely check it out if you like.

Cheers

Jay

No worries. There was another member that suggested that, but I'm definitely in the market for one. I've found larger diameter pickup tubes out there, but wanted to see what you could do, as I own a few of your products and know they are always top quality.

We do play with sheet stainless and do all kinds of folds. Are you thinking laser the part and then just roll and fold it?

Cheers
Jay

Laser or water jet, What sort of thicknesses can you handle? I've never CADed up a sheet metal part, what kind of radius should I plan for on the folds? I can whip up some drawings pretty quick.

Hi Jaybird,
I've got your Ultimate Sanke Keg Fermenter Kit, and I also have a Brewer's Hardware American Sanke Keg Fermentor Kit with Thermowell.

I like and use them both, but what I'd really like to have is a 2" TC cap with a 1" TC ferrule mounted off-centered, kind of like this, with a thermowell.

The two kits that I have now just barely fit in my fermentation fridges.

This setup I'd like to have would allow me to put on a blow-off port when I'm fermenting, and then with a T coupler, a TC compression fitting for the racking cane, and a TC hose barb, I could quickly swap out the parts and pressure transfer the wort to my kegs.

Just my $.02

BTW, love the mason jar blow-off setup, definitely on my to-get list. :mug:

So we have been building BOATLOADS of 1 off parts for guys here and all over the world through our website and beyond. Been having great luck with the success of it so I thought I would start a thread here so you guys can ask about builds get some ideas and maybe come up with some solutions for you. If you want it off board feel free to PM me. Super happy to help! We love building this stuff.

Also if we built you a 1 off part and you want to show it off for others to see or just want to toss out some ideas for others to ponder feel free to post em up here if you like.

Thanks for all the builds and the insight into some new parts you guys and gals, we are having a blast! The fab shop is growing and we are helping a bunch of people get to brewing!

Cheers

Jay

Can you build something like this?

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...actors-A-orifice-plate-and-B-Venturi-tube.png

I would like to see an affordable oxygenation stone mounted to a tri-clamp cap via a 6" wand. The idea being that you could stick it through a Tee and into a sight glass. This would make in-line oxygenation pretty easy.

Hi Jay, looking for 2 of these. It's a standard 1-1/2 Tri-clover with a through hole and Counter Bore. I'll add a SS Brewtech pressure relief valve to the hole to protect a conical during fermentation

img_1370-67733.jpg

I would take one of these too!

Getting a quote for a bottom bore bit for this. Let me see what that costs and I can quote this for you guys. Making 2 will help in the cost for sure. Making 6-8 of them would help the price a LOT more. Ask around guys and see if you can find any of your buddies that want one as well that will help a LOT on the price to all of you. But YES I can make those for sure. Do you want me to get the SS PRV and have that as part of the price or do you want to source that part?

Cheers
Jay

This is what I was looking to rig up.

http://www.ssbrewtech.com/products/pressure-relief-valve-for-chronical-series-fermenters

Be awesome if there was a TC with a 1/4 mpt and this, so you hook up a fitting to do pressurized transfers

I have built MANY of the 1/4" MPT on 3" Caps. I have never drilled for this part but I am looking into it. I have several people looking for stuff for this. The 3" cap we can either drill and tap 1/4" for the ball lock connector or we can weld a 1/4" coupling. I also have parts on the way that is just the weld fitting for the ball lock connection and that will eliminate a LOT of stuff. But, trust me I am on it 100%. I think I am going to do this 3" AND 1 1/2" TC caps. Give me a few days and I will have answers for all of you guys.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jaybird,
I've got your Ultimate Sanke Keg Fermenter Kit, and I also have a Brewer's Hardware American Sanke Keg Fermentor Kit with Thermowell.

I like and use them both, but what I'd really like to have is a 2" TC cap with a 1" TC ferrule mounted off-centered, kind of like this, with a thermowell.

The two kits that I have now just barely fit in my fermentation fridges.

This setup I'd like to have would allow me to put on a blow-off port when I'm fermenting, and then with a T coupler, a TC compression fitting for the racking cane, and a TC hose barb, I could quickly swap out the parts and pressure transfer the wort to my kegs.

Just my $.02

BTW, love the mason jar blow-off setup, definitely on my to-get list. :mug:

Hi again Jaybird. Any thoughts about this??:confused:

I have built MANY of the 1/4" MPT on 3" Caps. I have never drilled for this part but I am looking into it. I have several people looking for stuff for this. The 3" cap we can either drill and tap 1/4" for the ball lock connector or we can weld a 1/4" coupling. I also have parts on the way that is just the weld fitting for the ball lock connection and that will eliminate a LOT of stuff. But, trust me I am on it 100%. I think I am going to do this 3" AND 1 1/2" TC caps. Give me a few days and I will have answers for all of you guys.

Cheers
Jay

Ss has a 3 " version, but I am all 1.5. so looking forward to what you come up with.

Would it be possible to get a quote on what it would cost to make something similar to this whirlpool fitting?

system_6.JPG

I am looking to upgrade to a system that uses a solid-sided BIAB basket and would want to have mash recirculation and whirlpool functionality and the easiest way to do that seems to be to have a moveable whirlpool arm that I move between the basket and kettle depending on what I am doing. I sent an email, but it was never answered so figured I would ask here also. Thanks!

Hi again Jaybird. Any thoughts about this??:confused:

I think its possible. The real estate on the 2" cap is going to be the big factor. I think we can get it on there and still be able to get the thermowell on there.

Let me check it out a little today once I get over to the Fab Shop and I will shoot you a PM with a cost once I nail down the shop time to do it. Cool?

Cheers
Jay

Would it be possible to get a quote on what it would cost to make something similar to this whirlpool fitting?

system_6.JPG

I am looking to upgrade to a system that uses a solid-sided BIAB basket and would want to have mash recirculation and whirlpool functionality and the easiest way to do that seems to be to have a moveable whirlpool arm that I move between the basket and kettle depending on what I am doing. I sent an email, but it was never answered so figured I would ask here also. Thanks!

How long do you need the Whirlpool tubing to go down in the kettle? Do you want this 1 1/2" TC or 2" ?

Cheers
Jay

I think its possible. The real estate on the 2" cap is going to be the big factor. I think we can get it on there and still be able to get the thermowell on there.

Let me check it out a little today once I get over to the Fab Shop and I will shoot you a PM with a cost once I nail down the shop time to do it. Cool?

Cheers
Jay

Bueno!! :rockin:

Hi Jay, looking for 2 of these. It's a standard 1-1/2 Tri-clover with a through hole and Counter Bore. I'll add a SS Brewtech pressure relief valve to the hole to protect a conical during fermentation

img_1370-67733.jpg

I would take one of these too!

This is what I was looking to rig up.

http://www.ssbrewtech.com/products/pressure-relief-valve-for-chronical-series-fermenters

Be awesome if there was a TC with a 1/4 mpt and this, so you hook up a fitting to do pressurized transfers

OK guys
I can do the 1.5" caps drilled and bored for PRV WITH the PRV for $20.00 ea
Breaks down line this
1.5" TC cap 4.00
PRV 7.50
labor $8.50 to drill the cap 1/4" and then bore it to fit the PRV

Shipping - I can just send these first class so lets go $5 shipping.

The mill cutter is not cheep but I think I can find a way to make a few bucks on it elsewhere.

As for the one WITH the ball lock connection or 1/4" NPT. I have weld fittings on the way to be able to do this. They were supposed to be here last Friday but they are locked up in customs for some reason.

WHEN they get here I can do this part

1.5" TC cap
Ball lock gas in post WITH ball lock and poppet

I think that part will come in somewhere about $25

we MIGHT be able to get a PRV on there as well but wont know till all the parts get here. Not much real estate on a 1.5" TC cap

Shoot me a PM if you guys want to get any of these going.

Cheers
Jay

I am considering a BrewBuilt Afterburner. What would it take to add a SS bag hoist arm to it? Something very simple is what I have in mind. Lets see what you come up with.

PM sent ..... Will do quantity of 2, with the SS PRV. Jay, my drawing was for an older style SS PRV. So please adjust the diameter of the bottom bore, if necessary, to fit the new SS Brewtech PRV.

OK guys
I can do the 1.5" caps drilled and bored for PRV WITH the PRV for $20.00 ea
Breaks down line this
1.5" TC cap 4.00
PRV 7.50
labor $8.50 to drill the cap 1/4" and then bore it to fit the PRV

Shipping - I can just send these first class so lets go $5 shipping.

The mill cutter is not cheep but I think I can find a way to make a few bucks on it elsewhere.

As for the one WITH the ball lock connection or 1/4" NPT. I have weld fittings on the way to be able to do this. They were supposed to be here last Friday but they are locked up in customs for some reason.

WHEN they get here I can do this part

1.5" TC cap
Ball lock gas in post WITH ball lock and poppet

I think that part will come in somewhere about $25

we MIGHT be able to get a PRV on there as well but wont know till all the parts get here. Not much real estate on a 1.5" TC cap

Shoot me a PM if you guys want to get any of these going.

Cheers
Jay

I am considering a BrewBuilt Afterburner. What would it take to add a SS bag hoist arm to it? Something very simple is what I have in mind. Lets see what you come up with.

How tall do you want it? How much weight do you want it to be able to hold? We can go crazy with something like this or super simple. I need just a TAD more 411 about your idea to be able to nail this down for you. Shoot me a PM with your full idea.

Cheers
Jay

How tall do you want it? How much weight do you want it to be able to hold? We can go crazy with something like this or super simple. I need just a TAD more 411 about your idea to be able to nail this down for you. Shoot me a PM with your full idea.

Cheers
Jay

Will do Jaybird, thanks.

Back