Do you like black licorice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like black licorice flavor?

• Yes, love the stuff!

• No! Yuck! Hcawkpatooey!

• Take it or leave it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love licorice. All licorice I have ever had is black so what is with the "black" licorice?

If you are talking about that red rope candy, that is not licorice. That is, well, red rope candy - has nothing to do with licorice except that someone decided to copy the shape of the original rope licorice (which is black) with some vile red stuff they called "red licorice" for those wimps that didn't like the real thing. :D

This thread reminds me of something the late Jerry Garcia said. I am paraphrasing here, " The Grateful Dead are like black licorice. You either love it or hate it. But if you love it.... you REALLY love it!!!" Couldn't have said it better myself!!

Out here we have licorice icecream, byfar the BEST flavor EVER!!!
Licorice is an aquired taste. Not for everyone, that just means more for me.

i do a liquorice imperial russian stout, sells really well, i love the stuff , i even rub fennel into roast beef before the oven, fekkin heaven!

I like black licorice. Jagermiester is pretty popular, so I think many people like licorice to a degree. Try a stormtrooper (1/2 jager, 1/2 peppermint schnapps, chilled). Because it is so overpowering a lot of people claim to hate it, but I think in the right quantities people like it.

Not only that but I love Black Salt Licorice.

I suppose I should add....I HATE those black jelly beans. That's not real licorice anyway. I do like Anise and Fennel, but Licorice Root is far different.

Salty licorice is delicious. I have a buddy from Finland that first exposed me to salmiakki. His parents send him care packages with all sorts of Finnish candies. I alway make sure to get some salmiakki.

Latest posts

Back