do you blame john for cheating on kate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I think the house is for the kids, but through the years it was clear that they were getting all this free stuff from companies and doctors. Like her plastic surgeries, his hair transplants. Even though, if it was me I would take free stuff, for the show, it just seemed like she was being a bit of a sell out. Maybe they should have done a better job of hiding that stuff. After all, the reason most folks were watching it, was because most folks could relate.

Exactly. I mean, the *appeal* of the show, such as it was, was that we were dealing with the screaming toddler and all of that too, it was just x6. Before too long, it just felt like they were using the publicity purely to benefit themselves financially. And, I get wanting to have a big house, but 6200 sq feet? Really? I hate the "bigger is everything" attitude.

I have been filled in by the_Wife on things like them hiring a full-time chef and all kinds of other help, so it's really not like they *are* taking care of eight kids by themselves. Other stuff I can't remember about issues with the sister or something.

Anyway, I need to go extract my testes from inside my body cavity now.

Actually I think the house is for the kids, but through the years it was clear that they were getting all this free stuff from companies and doctors. Like her plastic surgeries, his hair transplants. Even though, if it was me I would take free stuff, for the show, it just seemed like she was being a bit of a sell out. Maybe they should have done a better job of hiding that stuff. After all, the reason most folks were watching it, was because most folks could relate.

I agree, I don't take much issue with that. They have a hit reality TV series, the network makes a ton of money, in turn compensates them. Yes they could give away all that money to charities and stay living in a small home. Or they could splurge and get something to spread everyone out. Regardless they are in fact using their kids and situation to profit, they didn't do this out of charity to begin with. I find it tough to understand how its any different now that they have a bigger house.

they were using the publicity purely to benefit themselves financially.

I find it hard to believe this wasn't the first thought they had when the idea was pitched. Not many families would open up their private lives and struggles with kids for the sport of it. I am positive they were pitched the idea, and told from day one that if it took off they could make a ton of money off of it.

The site doesn't allow hotlinking, or right click and paste.

I'll try from another site, but can't guarantee that they'll show up.

Just google Kate Gosslin bikini pictures.

kate-gosselin-bikini-02.jpg

kate-gosselin-bikini-15.jpg

taking up for your girlfriend? i was drunk and posted it on the drunken ramblings forum while it was in the background. if i watched the show, i would say i watch the show. calling me insecure only really proves that you don't have any nutz and can only start an argument behind your computer, otherwise you wouldn't have gave this thread a second look. it's ok honey.

Ummm...OK :confused:

Dude, it was a JOKE. Lighten up.

I've quite honestly probably actually watched like 15 or 20 minutes of that show, like, actually paid attention. I sorta kinda overwatched/heard the season premier while I was dicking around on teh internetz and the wife was watching it. I've always been astounded at how evil and bossy and horrible she is, at least of what I've seen of her. She seemed to just bark orders at her husband all the time. All I could tell from the most recent episode was that she was apparently whining about being stalked by paparazzi all the time, the old "I didn't sign up for this" schtick. Yes, you did...you chose to put your family out on the national stage. If it's too much, then just give up your posh lifestyle that TLC provides you and go back to looking like this:

93113_kate-gosselin-in-2004-and-2009.jpg

I also saw something on one of my aggregators (Digg, I think) the other day where Jon's sister was talking about how the show is all staged, TLC tells them what to do.

I wouldn't walk across the room to piss on her if she was on fire.

And I got that from seeing the ads for the show while flipping past the channel.

Feel for the kids though. They're going to be stuck with child star crap for the rest of their lives.

"Dude! I remember that show! Your mom was a *****!"

I believe this is relevant so I'll post it here:

The ****** is NOT a clown car! Hot dog, meet hallway.
Why is V A G I N A on a word filter? There is no sense in that.

But I was thinking the same thing. I don't know what she acts like cause I have never seen the show, but based on the title of the show her vag must be wasted.

Edit: Penis <---see, no other body parts are filtered!

Why is V A G I N A on a word filter? There is no sense in that.

But I was thinking the same thing. I don't know what she acts like cause I have never seen the show, but based on the title of the show her vag must be wasted.

Edit: Penis <---see, no other body parts are filtered!

:off:

You know what's fun? ***** is filtered, Pussies isn't. So it's alright, as long as you have more than one.

Ducking it makes you look just as insecure as the "he-men" trying to pull your man card for watching TLC...

:D

He-man watches TLC? I didn't even know he got TV reception in Gray Skull. Must have had dish installed.

He-man watches TLC? I didn't even know he got TV reception in Gray Skull. Must have had dish installed.

he-man's gotta be like 80 now... i think his man card has gone and shriveled up... i think he swung to the other side when he was adam too... he was just into that leather s&m fettish

im sure everybody that has a wife or girlfriend has seen or at least heard about jon and kate

I'm married and have no idea who the hell jon and kate are. I don't think my wife knows, either. So for the third+ time in this thread, who are jon and kate? You people who actually know could just throw out a last name, or maybe the name of a TV show, and that would really help explain things to those of us in the dark.

I'll join the "who gives a $hit?!" camp. I've never watched the show, nor do I care to watch it; but I grew up in PA, and I'm sick of hearing about it from family and friends.

Now, can we talk about something more important? Like boobs?

I'm married and have no idea who the hell jon and kate are. I don't think my wife knows, either. So for the third+ time in this thread, who are jon and kate? You people who actually know could just throw out a last name, or maybe the name of a TV show, and that would really help explain things to those of us in the dark.

It's a show on TLC called Jon and Kate plus Eight. It is about a husband and wife who had twins and wanted another kid. They ended up with sextuplets.

The thread is about the fact that the couple is having trouble and that the wife, kate, is overbearing and such.

Bingo! How many godd**m cake shows are there on TV? What the hell is so fascinating about people making cakes all the time? Seems SWMBO is always watching those.

'Hey, I baked a cake!'
'Me too. Look at my cake!'
'Boy, I sure had problems making my cake.'
'I sure hope we get this cake baked in time for the party.'

'Be sure to tune in next week for more exciting cake making drama.'

I'm just waiting for the day they incorporate a plot twist.

'Hey, my cake is self aware. Does this mean we use a gun instead of a knife?'

LOL!

Funny, but true. Still, I am oddly fascinated by that show. I like to imagine them toking up off-camera, as that is so obviously what's going on.

I mean, the top guy, whats-his-name, and that laugh! How can you have that laugh and not be doing a Willie Nelson unit-equivalent of weed on a regular basis?

It's a show on TLC called Jon and Kate plus Eight. It is about a husband and wife who had twins and wanted another kid. They ended up with sextuplets.

The thread is about the fact that the couple is having trouble and that the wife, kate, is overbearing and such.

If all we need now for a tv show is an overbearing wife then I think half the married couples in America could have their own show.

Says the guy who plays dress up while he watches men play base ball? :p

Ouch!

Sorry you caught that one, Revvy, but it does make me feel a little less foolish for reading thru this entire thread. Seven pages of foolishness, but at least there was a totally awesome bitchslap at the end of it to make it all not a total waste of time. You took one for the team. Thank you.

This thread is chock full of awesome. It was getting a little boring towards the middle, but then the man card got pulled out, and the thread returned to its appropriate state of said awesomeness.

Ouch!

Sorry you caught that one, Revvy, but it does make me feel a little less foolish for reading thru this entire thread. Seven pages of foolishness, but at least there was a totally awesome bitchslap at the end of it to make it all not a total waste of time. You took one for the team. Thank you.

This was of course in all fun :mug:
Well fun for the rest of us at least.

The way I see it.....John had three options

1) Suicide
2) Divorce
3) Cheating

I do not endorse cheating because he could have skipped option 3 for option 1.

The way I see it.....John had three options

1) Suicide
2) Divorce
3) Cheating

I do not endorse cheating because he could have skipped option 3 for option 1.

Sorry, you missed the most obvious one. Option #1, Do not let your wife treat you like crap. She owned his balls, and he's at fault for letting it happen.

Latest posts

Back