Do not order from stir-plate.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed he changed the email links at the bottom of the page, there must be a reason for having a second, sneaky business site. Also, for as "busy" as he claims to be, I get a weekly promotional email from him, someone is taking the time to write them up.

ANY credit card company will do the same . I had fraudulent activity on my card and my Credit card company called me about them. I also had something never shipped by a online car part merchant for my Chevelle one call they took the money back all I needed to do was sign an affidavit that was mailed to me.This was a Visa card

The company handling your VISA is a good shop then.
I've heard horror stories galore from people whose card companies pretty much told them that they were on their own.

The most dangerous is those MAC cards that can be used for direct transfer.
If you authorized the payment most banks won't do anything to help if you get burned.

However you raise a really great point.
ASK~!!! Just call them and see if they can help you .
What's the worst they can do? Say no?

From this scammer's most recent newsletter (the one he has time to assemble and deliver regularly instead of assembling and delivering the paid-for product), I find that he also is the man behind:
andyshotsauce [dot] com and towercooler [dot] com.

From the bottom of the same newsletter:
Our stir plates are available from these resellers:

kegkits [dot] com
www.chicompany.net/
www.beernut.com
www.allseasonsnashville.com
www.bacchus-barleycorn.com

I am VERY disappointed to see chicompany.net on that list. Why would any reputable vendor want to be associated with, or help to put money in the pocket of, a man that proven to be such a scourge on our fine community?

Ahh, I posted before I noticed that he doesn't sell directly to retailers, but uses another company, foxxequipment, for his distribution. Ok that makes me feel a little better, but he's still earning money from the same group he's stealing from.

Back