Do i need a sweeter beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhoenixCoyote

Reaction score
Hey Brewers,
I need your advice and opinion on my recent dilema. I like homebrewing, i love homebrewing! It has been 2 years since i brewed, just recently started up again. Got an English Pale Ale i bottled yesterday.

My problem is this, after i drink 6 or so beers, sometimes less, some more. I get tired of the beer taste and want something else. I usually go to mixed drinks, or wine with cola. To me it taste better, as it is sweeter i am sure.

I can not drink light beers, kolsch, bmc etc. No flavor at all. My sister drinks coors light only, i look like a cat with a hair ball trying to get that down. I like ambers and browns better, but even with those, after 6, no more.

I am thinking, will stouts and porters be better for me? I know the full flavor and sweetnes would be better. Hard to explain, i like beer, but not a lot of beer after taste, if that makes any sense.

I know doing hard cider is a suggestion. Maybe fruit beers? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks Brewers!

Have you tried any milk stouts maybe Left Hand's? Lambics maybe Lindeman's? Maybe even an IPA that's more citrusy hop flavor than bitterness? If you're looking into ciders search Edwort's Apfelwein on here.

Latest posts

Back