DIY stir plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrobm

Reaction score
I decided to try and build my own stir plate after reading some of the articles on this forum and I just wanted to share how it turned out. It turns out that I had most of the stuff I needed at home already (PC fan, power supply, hard drive magnet, and the enclosure). I went down to radio shack to pick up a switch and a rheostat which ran me about $10. I planned on getting a project enclosure there too but they were out, and I'm glad they were cause I like the enclosure I found t home! I then spent $2, maybe, at the hardware store on some bolts and nuts to secure the fan. If anyone is thinking about buying a stir plate look around your house and see what you can dig up and use. The end result could turn out super original and creative. Let me know if anyone has any questions about how I did any of this. I followed this post for the most part: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=86252

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1437443477.489083.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1437443494.944361.jpg

Back