DIY self closing taps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ski12568

Reaction score
My buddy's neighbor is a home brewer and when I met him he had springs attached to his taps (non-perlick) making them self closing. I have looked online to see if there is some sort of kit for this. Anyone have a link or can give me some ideas for this? Thank you

Interesting idea. Assuming your taps are mounted on a flat surface, I'd go to the local hardware store, buy some springs and some eye bolts.

Screw the eyebolts in the back plate about an inch or two higher than the faucet and loop one end of the sprig to that and the other end looped over the threaded part of the tap handle, sandwiched between the handle and the stainless nut.

Thanks for the reply. You gave me a good picture and a place to start. I'll check out what they have and see what I can come up with.

Self closing taps can be purchased online. A simple search for them brought me to kegworks, a website that had self closing taps for sale.

Yeah, I seen those but I have taps already. Didn't think about them before I had an accident. Thank you

Latest posts

Back