DIY Laser Printed Bottle Caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspain3

Reaction score
In the latest BREW magazine, there was an article that demonstrated how to use acrylic transfers to design your own bottle caps. Since I had a batch that I was getting ready to bottle, I felt this would be a fun project. Here is the finished product:
UymZKS6.jpg

The reverse image transferred easily to the bottle caps. The hard part was rubbing the paper off the cap under running water. The first 95% or the paper came off easily, but the last 5% was a pain. It would look like you got it all, but when it dried, the remaining paper fibers would make the image look 'fuzzy' (sorry, I would post a picture of those but I threw most away already). I scraped them multiple times and my thumbs were sore, to the point that I just picked the good ones, coated them one last time to seal and called it a day. Overall, I think the survivors look cool, but they were pretty time intensive. If I do this again, I'll use a less involved image (less ink) and maybe try a presentation matte paper instead of regular copy paper. According to this older thread, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=103859, the nicer paper has a coating on it which might prevent the issues I had.

Back