• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

South Carolina DIY CFC, 40 Plate Duda Diesel Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoahBeach

Reaction score
Converting my system and getting rid of some stuff I dont need anymore.

First up is a DIY CFC that I made with 25' of high temp rubber hose and 25' of copper coil. It was a no solder CFC but have taken it apart to reuse some of the fittings in my conversion. It works amazingly, taking boiling wort to ground water temp in one pass. It's now ready for you to rebuild it. All the hard work is done (seriously that was a pain). I also will include two stainless 1/2 tees, two 5/8 hose barbs with 1/2 NPT thread (to connect hose to tees), stainless hose clamps, and two garden hose connectors. All you would need is some 1/2 NPT to 3/8 tubing compression fittings to seal the tee against the tube. Then you could just connect some silicon tubing on the end of the copper tubing and you have a CFC!$40 + actual shipping

FY2JQi2.jpg

AEFcTY1.jpg

Second is a Duda Diesel 40 plate heat exchanger. This thing is a beast, stainless steel with copper braising for maximum heat transfer. 3/4" NPT connectors (will include stainless 1/2" reducers if buyer desires). SOLD

Back