diy bar for outdoor october wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky7slw

Reaction score
I have seen a few diy projects for outdoor portable bars, but from what I have seen, I don't think I can afford some. I am on a very limited budget, since my buddy is paying for just the beer made, and I want to class it up. I am thinking of maybe trash can filled with ice up to a tower with pvc or galvanized to fit more with the theme, and covered around with a possible foldable structure to hide the kegging setup. I would love to make a jockey box, and can source all but the ss coils/cold plate cheaply, and was hoping this may be a cheap alternative. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible, and accessible to bartender for ice, since October in NC can be 50s to 80s, and the wedding is outside, I will probably need all the cooling I can get. I will be brewing 3 beers, and he says 3 5 gallons batches for 120 invited will be enough, plus he will have a couple cases of bmc for the cheapos.

If anyone has any experience or insight, all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just finished building a jockey box with the cold plate from Northern Brewer, but it wasn't cheap. I had some of the components from things I have upgraded on the kegerator (shanks, faucets) but the little stuff still gets you. I believe Biermuncher had a sticky on his setup in a trash can that would work well. Be aware though, that once you start doing this, you will become quite popular! Good luck, hope that reception with have some good NC 'que!

I like the idea of using a wine barrel instead of a trash can, heavy but insulated and can be refinished to look amazing. Theres at least one in the kegerator thread, on my phone or i would link to it.

Latest posts

Back