Dispensing at 2 Different PSIs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masonpi

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm fairly new to kegging and completely new to trying to dispense at different PSIs.
I have a 2-keg homemade kegerator and I'm making a hard seltzer for my girlfriend, but would still like to dispense beer :yes:

I currently use a Taprite primary regulator with a Y-joint in it that runs directly to both kegs, so both at are at the same PSI.

I was wondering if, instead of spending a lot of money on a 2-pressure regulator, if I could purchase a cheaper secondary regulator and run one line from the primary to keg #1 and one line from the primary through a secondary to keg #2, with keg #1 being the higher pressure.

I was specifically looking because I saw this regulator over on the home brew deals forum:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/C02-Gas-Pressure-Regulator/254187461755?hash=item3b2ec0dc7b:g:JRAAAOSwwnVc

Thanks for your help! And apologies if I'm misunderstanding the process.

Hi All,
I was wondering if, instead of spending a lot of money on a 2-pressure regulator, if I could purchase a cheaper secondary regulator and run one line from the primary to keg #1 and one line from the primary through a secondary to keg #2, with keg #1 being the higher pressure.

Not sure I follow the difference between what propose and what you don’t want to spend “a lot of money on”. The second regulator you posted will work, it just gets added to the high pressure port of the side of the first regulator. You may need to also move over your CO2 bottle pressure gauge if you have one. Look at any of the dual regulator set ups for sale for an idea of the set up. No way around this arrangement if you want two different pressures.

Thanks for the reply.
I just don't want to spend a lot of money getting a new dual regulator...would rather alter my current setup cheaply. :)
So is it possible if I just take off the CO2 bottle pressure gauge, put the second regulator where it went, and add the CO2 bottle pressure gauge back on the side of the added regulator?

[edit] If you move the low pressure gauge from the primary regulator to the secondary you won't know what the primary pressure setting is.

Your original idea is better; just run one leg of the Y to the secondary and call it done...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back