dip tube out of old racking cane

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmanj

Reaction score
i have an old cane sitting around and am tired of tilting my bucket for the last 8 beers in the batch. has anyone made a diptube out of an racking cane? how do you affix it in the inside of the spigot and which part of the cane do you use? thanks

Just use a 3/4" PVC 90* fitting from Lowes/HD. It screws right on and works a charm!

Go with one of their suggestions. For some reason I had it in my mind that you were talking about a dip tube for a kettle. It sounds like your wanting a dip tube in your bottling bucket. The stopper or PVC fitting are what you need for that.

I made a bottling bucket dip tube from a racking cane. I used my Dremel to cut it (watch out for melting plastic and fumes), and once I picked off the rough bits and sanded the edges it was fine. Stuck it in a drilled stopper and it works great. I used the curved part, btw. I was worried that I would cut too much/too little, but it was close enough that I simply rotated it slightly to get it against the bottom.

Back