Dip Tube Fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/2" NPT coupling through the wall of a keggle. I am looking for a fitting that will allow me to attach a bit of pipe for a dip tube to the NPT coupling without rotating the dip tube itself.

You mean a compression fitting?

McMaster has this one that might fit your needs.

Bargainfittings.com has this one that would work too

12npt12compression-250x250.jpg

Hope this helps,
TB

A compression fitting will work, but there was another type of fitting that I seem to remember people using. It looked almost like a 1/2 to1/4 NPT reducer, but I dont think that its what it was.

1/2" NPT (threaded) to a 1/2" sweat fitting (or whatever it's called...for a smooth pipe)

I feel stupid for not remembering what I saw.

I think I was thinking of a flared fitting, though I remember it being less bulky (FPT to adapter to flare and cap). I think that is the right track, though. Thanks.

I wont chase the feathers too far. I think I will end up going with the flare fitting.

Thanks. I have been really pleased with the build and the beer it is putting out. Still a bit to do, but I think there always will be.

Joshua

DSC05015.jpg

I have a brass hex coupler instead of the stainless, but that's the flare fitting you're looking for 1/2" MPT to 1/2" Flare. I guess technically I could have put the MPT to Flare adaptor right on the ball valve and skipped the male union to female union.

Back