DIN rail troubles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadWolfBrewing

Reaction score
I recently received some DIN rail + components (breakers, contactors, terminal blocks) from ebrewsupply. The terminal blocks mount just fine, however the breakers and contactor blocks slide all over, even when 'locked down'. They won't pop off from the rail, but they aren't latching on hard enough to stop sliding.

I've use DIN rail mounting before for grad school and work, and I never had this issue.

Do some components need to be externally locked down (which seems dumb)? As I got everything from the same vendor, I have to assume everything was using the same size rail.

Anybody else have this issue ever? :confused:

Many thanks

they make end caps that lock down and keep everything from sliding. They work great

Yes, very common. End stops, looks like kinda like a terminal but has a set screw to lock it down.

Yeah, I guess I've seen them, but never needed them. The stuff I've used has always stay put on its own.

30 cents each on tier1automation with free shipping though, so I guess there are worse things to be missing. I'll pick up a pile of them to have around. If I have extras, I can just throw them in at the end of the boil along with irish moss.

Did you get a kit from them or just individual items? If you got a kit it should of came with some end caps. I got a kit from them last year and it came with plenty of end caps to lock everything in.

Not a kit, just a few components. Found some end stops for work 30 cents a piece with free shipping from tier1automation. Locked down tight now

Back