Digital Temperature Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradbrewer

Reaction score
I just received my Digital Temp Controller from ThermoMart.com for my chest freezer fermenter temperature control system build. I ordered a similar control a few months ago for my Keezer build and it works great. My Keezer temp controller is in fahrenheit but can not automatically switch between cooling and heating. This one does, but I could only find it in celcius. I went ahead and bought celcius, because all other digital temp controls cost at least double. This one ships from Canada, $40 w/ shipping to San Diego and it only took a week to arrive.

http://thermomart.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=156

Now I just need to find some time to complete the build! Will post picks as I progress.

Hi

If you need more data on that controller, it's commonly called a STC-1000. They are a staple item on eBay for around $18 delivered from China. There are a *lot* of threads on setting them up here.

Bob

Thanks Bob,

I guess my $40 deal isn't that great after all. I managed to hook up one on my Keezer successfully, but will need a refresher before I hook up my fermenter. Good to know I can find more info on HB Talk.

Brad

Thanks Bob,

I guess my $40 deal isn't that great after all. I managed to hook up one on my Keezer successfully, but will need a refresher before I hook up my fermenter. Good to know I can find more info on HB Talk.

Brad

Hi

You deal may have been the best one out there. At least you *know* where to go if there's an issue with your controller. With the eBay stuff - you're on your own.

Bob

Back