Didn't know where to post this...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkewedBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, as some of you know, I am a college student. I'm not going to lie, I used to think that message boards, forums and the like were not for me. However, when i discovered homebrewing I also discovered this GREAT forum. I'm a junior at OU and I love film and video production. I just wanted to express my happiness that I got my first freelance editing job ever! I'm getting paid pretty well and that means a few things but one thing in particular: more oportunities for brewing! I'm definitely getting a keg set up going in the next few months and maybe this will lead to more...

I''m thinking kegerator next...

Sorry to clog the forum with this type of message but I wanted to let you all know!:D :mug:

That's superb! And stay true to what you do. Working in radio I can tell you that while having a full time gig is a good thing, any opportunity you can to make $ on your own terms is the way to go. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great companies, but the more you are able to do for YOU, the better shape you'll be in.

And trust me on one thing, in our industry so much like many others, it's not ALWAYS necessarily WHAT you know but WHO you know.

And IMHO, everyone here at HBT is worth knowing....

Good Luck!

Ize

Wow, I didn't think "junior in college" and "getting paid pretty well" would be in the same sentence. Ever.

Congrats! And kegging will definitely be a nice upgrade!

I agree, this forum is great. I especially like how nice everyone is to the nOObs. Some could probably use the search function more but overall this is a great place. We are all getting more technical as we gain experience but we still have loads of fun too!

BTW, I moved this to plain old "general" discussion, for now.

homebrewer_99 said:
That's funny! When I was a junior in college ('84) I was already making 25K.:D

1984? Were you selling cocaine? Or was it crack? :D

Back