Did Northern Brewer Purchase Austin Homebrew AND/OR Adventures in Brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I placed an order with NB on 11/13 and it remains unfulfilled on 11/23.

Response from NB after an inquiry from me on the status of the order on 11/18:

"Thank you for the recent order. We have had some challenges with the current labor market and supply chains, which has lead to some delays. Your order was originally slotted to fulfill/ship on 11/17, but is currently back logged, by about 1-3 business days. We have brought on additional labor to help alleviate the back log."

5 days later it is still unfulfilled. I do believe I'll be cancelling this order and finding somewhere else to do business.
Figures here is a screen shot of an email I got on 11/13 saying their shipping speed is back to normal sounds like BS.

Screenshot_20221123-091406~2.png

I placed an order with NB on 11/13 and it remains unfulfilled on 11/23.

Response from NB after an inquiry from me on the status of the order on 11/18:

"Thank you for the recent order. We have had some challenges with the current labor market and supply chains, which has lead to some delays. Your order was originally slotted to fulfill/ship on 11/17, but is currently back logged, by about 1-3 business days. We have brought on additional labor to help alleviate the back log."

5 days later it is still unfulfilled. I do believe I'll be cancelling this order and finding somewhere else to do business.
Similar thing happened to me. When I cancelled, within hours, I got an email telling me it had been shipped. NEVER will order from them again.

I posted my NB "challenges" earlier in this thread. This last time I went to MoreBeer. The order page indicated I'd receive my goods in about a week. Cool. The FedEx truck dropped everything off in 3 days. WOW! Under-promise and over-deliver -- great way to do business.

I'm sold.

If anyone has a lot of space and wants an historical item from the good old days of AIH, the Taylor store sign is for sale. This location went into a comma due to Covid in March 2020 and Blackstreet pulled the plug on the way out of town.

1669392463659.png

If anyone has a lot of space and wants an historical item from the good old days of AIH, the Taylor store sign is for sale. This location went into a comma due to Covid in March 2020 and Blackstreet pulled the plug on the way out of town.

View attachment 792656
It says you can re-arrange the letters... hmmm....
New game! :off:

Ok- what's the best/ funniest thing one could spell with this sign??
I can't find anything innappropriate or bawdy...
Maybe "Bring me gore"?
Anybody got a better one?

Just wanted to share a positive experience. I haven't bought from Adventures in Homebrewing in several years. I had a gift certificate and with the change in ownership I figured it was gone. On Thanksgiving night I tried to use it but it said it was invalid. I sent an email asking about it. To my pleasant surprise when I checked my email at 8 AM on Black Friday I had a reply with a new gift card! I put in my order for grain and received it today, 8 days later. It had showed estimated delivery of next Thursday, Dec 8, so I was again pleasantly surprised. I plan to brew next weekend so Thursday would have been fine.

Just wanted to share a positive experience. I haven't bought from Adventures in Homebrewing in several years. I had a gift certificate and with the change in ownership I figured it was gone. On Thanksgiving night I tried to use it but it said it was invalid. I sent an email asking about it. To my pleasant surprise when I checked my email at 8 AM on Black Friday I had a reply with a new gift card! I put in my order for grain and received it today, 8 days later. It had showed estimated delivery of next Thursday, Dec 8, so I was again pleasantly surprised. I plan to brew next weekend so Thursday would have been fine.
Good to hear they may be finally getting their act together. Only problem for them is that it takes 10 attaboys to make up for 1 OhShit, and they've got a lot to make up.....

Just need to shout out to Williams. They had parts i needed for fermzilla and shipped them coast2coast to my door in under 48 hours. Amazing. I live in a remote city and we have always joked we dont have overnite mail. This was standard ship, too.

Ordered from NB on 1/1/23. I only used them b/c I broke my hydrometer and wanted to try the heculometer, which I couldn't find anywhere else. I also ordered 2 AG kits to qualify for free shipping. Got email acknowledging my order but no shipping notice yet. I almost always use Atlantic Brew Supply.

Ordered from NB on 1/1/23. I only used them b/c I broke my hydrometer and wanted to try the heculometer, which I couldn't find anywhere else. I also ordered 2 AG kits to qualify for free shipping. Got email acknowledging my order but no shipping notice yet. I almost always use Atlantic Brew Supply.
In all fairness to them....1/1 was a holiday, so effectively, order was placed on 1/2. Today is 1/5....three days....ideally, it would be shipped by now, but three days is NOT really that bad......

That being said, I will not be ordering from them again, other than something that cannot be obtained elsewhere, they have screwed the pooch with me......

In all fairness to them....1/1 was a holiday, so effectively, order was placed on 1/2. Today is 1/5....three days....ideally, it would be shipped by now, but three days is NOT really that bad......

That being said, I will not be ordering from them again, other than something that cannot be obtained elsewhere, they have screwed the pooch with me......
Update: just received shipping notice. Maybe they saw this post.

Back