DFH Ta Henket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtpro

Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of you have seen BrewMasters on discovery that focuses around the Dogfish Head brewery. I just caught it for the first time tonight. The brew they did was based off of an ancient Egyptian beer. They cultured wild yeast by leaving petri dishes out in a field in Egypt, and used ingredients found at a spice market in Cairo. Some of the ingredients in the mash were dried palm fruit (Dolm sp?) and whole slices of bread. It really blew the lid off what I think of as brewing ingredients. I'd be very interested to try it, and hats off to DFH for taking the path less traveled.

I saw a bottle in the store tonight and I was tempted to buy it to drink while watching the episode but I didn't.. I'm going to make a trip to the brewery on Saturday and pick up a bottle!

I believe it's spelled Doum, and i actually think its a nut.....

man, I would give anything just to travel around on the Discovery Channel's money and make weird beers. That and live on the moon.

Back