DFH 90Min IPA Extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYUSHO00

Reaction score
Before I even start to ask my question I have to say I did try doing a search.

Ok Disclaimer is over!

I am not a AG or even a partial mash brewer as I have only one beer under my belt a belgian dubble. So I am looking for a DFH 90min IPA (yeah I know real original) extract kit or extract recipe. If anyone could be of assistance that would be great.

Hopefully after this one I will man up and try a partial mash.

Thanks

I've not seen a 90 minute cloan, just the 60 and 120. It seems that the 60 minute has some good reviews. Just Search for "dogfish head clone". It retured alot of info.

Thanks

I just got done reading the 37 pages from one of the treads that Yooper started. Wow Great info. I am thinking of doing the 60 as a full boil utilizing the all grain hop utilization.

I am just a little leary on the Crystal Malt as I have no experience with grains what so ever.

Thanks

I just got done reading the 37 pages from one of the treads that Yooper started. Wow Great info. I am thinking of doing the 60 as a full boil utilizing the all grain hop utilization.

I am just a little leary on the Crystal Malt as I have no experience with grains what so ever.

Steeping grains is like making tea: Simple. Place grains in bag, soak in 155-165 degree water for about 30 minutes, remove grains, bring your grain tea back to boil, remove from heat, add extract, bring wort back to boil, start on your hop schedule.... :)

these guys have 90 and 60 extract kits along with other types of DHB by xtreem brewing. i havent tried any of their kits but im gonna order the 90 min one of these days.

Xtreme Brewing

Doug, the owner of Extreme Brewing (Delmarva Craft Brewers) definitely knows how to brew DFH beers. He's the one who helped out Sam when he started the brewery.

I've made the 90 minute clone. It's a good beer but a lot of work adding sugars to get the alcohol levels up. I'm more of a ferment it and forget it brewer.

Latest posts

Back