desprate help needed, driving off CO?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holygrale

Reaction score
how do i tell when i've driven off all of the CO in my stabalizing stage? or how long should it take?

i"ve been using a whip and drill for roughly 30 minutes....but still get foam when i stir

i have a vinters reserve, pinot noir kit, and have already added my pot meta and sorbate, as instructed by the directions

thanx in advance for any info

how do i tell when i've driven off all of the CO in my stabalizing stage? or how long should it take?

i"ve been using a whip and drill for roughly 30 minutes....but still get foam when i stir

i have a vinters reserve, pinot noir kit, and have already added my pot meta and sorbate, as instructed by the directions

thanx in advance for any info

Hmm.. It is possible that you're seeing foam just because you're whipping O2 into the wine by stirring.

I would let it sit for another 30 minutes to an hour and then give it a light stir without the drill and see if you have any c02 bubbles rising up.

yea i was wondering if i was just creating oxygen bubbles

by rising up, do you mean from the bottom of the barrel? assuming i stir lightly with a rod, and do not craet alot of oxygen bubble

thanx for the info

yeah exactly. at least what I know from my experience is that usually you can see the co2 rising up from the bottom when its still in there and its much smaller continuous bubbles (kinda like soda when its just poured). whereas the oxygen tends to dissipate really quickly.
Let us know how it goes!

Back