Denver Brewery Tour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkstel

Reaction score
I'm in the midst of planning my cousin's bachelor party. Since the most of the guys going are spread between Nebraska, Utah and Washington, I thought we would meet in Denver and hit up several breweries there and in Boulder. :tank: So far, I am planning on hitting up Boulder Beer, Avery, Breckenridge, Flying Dog, Wynkoop and either Coors or Anheiser-Busch (just for comparison). Do any of you have any suggestions for others to add or should I not bother with some of those listed. Recommendation on other activities would be great as well. Some local input would be great.

Longmont isn't too far out of the way, I'd his Oskar Blues if you get a chance! Also, I thought Flying Dog moved to MD?

Hit up the Falling Rock for sure. Best beer bar in town.

I would hit Bull & Bush, Great Divide, and Wynkoop while in town.

Avery is a great brewery in Boulder, and in my opinion the only one worth visiting. If you're heading up to Longmont you should do yourself the favor of heading up to Fort Collins to see Odell, Fort Collins, New Belgium, etc. Bud is there too if that's what you want to do.

I'd also recommend some sort of transportation ;)

I've made a few day trips to New Belgium and Odell, with a stop at Coopersmith's (pool, decent pub food) in Ft. Collins for lunch. A friend swears by Ft. Collins brewery, but they didn't have days/hours that matched the others. (And AB is on the way, but that was a wasted hour, even as far as a non-micro-enlightened friend was concerned).

Coors had a temp sign up a couple weeks ago that said no long tours for some reason or another, but the short tour is fun if you're in the area. Locals swear by Golden City brewery around the corner, and the crowds packing the patio could attest to that. But Golden does make a nice stop on the way to Boulder and Longmont, if that is your day trip plan. I've got a friend who has made the Avery/Oskar/Left Hand day trip a few times.

Ending up at Wynkoop or Coopersmiths to shoot pool is a decent evening with the guys, but you're limited 4 or 5 house beers, because they're always out of a couple. Agreed on Falling Rock if you've got friends who know their beer. Any of those three, and you've got the rest of the night for the LoDo club scene or Old Town Ft. Collins college scene, depending on your styles.

Strange Brewing and Dry Dock in Denver and Aurora are developing healthy crowds and have plenty of food/events for their fans, but I haven't made it to either, yet.

Back