Deal on Ball Lock Kegs ...$45 + shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the greatest reviews....

Eh, there about even good and bad. I have plenty of o rings, poppit valves, and Oxyclean, so I'm not worried about that. Reconditioned or not, I'll clean these kegs like I did my other ones.

As long as they hold pressure and have the correct posts on them is all that matters to me.

Eh, there about even good and bad. I have plenty of o rings, poppit valves, and Oxyclean, so I'm not worried about that. Reconditioned or not, I'll clean these kegs like I did my other ones.

As long as they hold pressure and have the correct posts on them is all that matters to me.

True. My LHBS sells reconditioned for 50$. They aren't the prettiest kegs in the world either.

My LHBS sells them for $70 no guarantee....I have yet to spend that much. For $70 I will spend more to get new.

This price is about my limit, I prefer to buy locally if I can ever find a deal which is never anymore :(

Well, just saw an email from Midwest Homebrewing (the seller on Amazon) yesterday afternoon, saying they had to refund me for the kegs I ordered. Apparently, they were out of stock at the time I placed the order. They were set as in stock by mistake.

Well, just saw an email from Midwest Homebrewing (the seller on Amazon) yesterday afternoon, saying they had to refund me for the kegs I ordered. Apparently, they were out of stock at the time I placed the order. They were set as in stock by mistake.

Not good. I would at least expect them to honor your order at the price purchased, and mention there may be a bit of a delay in delivery. They must have been hammered with orders, given the price point they were selling at.

Not good. I would at least expect them to honor your order at the price purchased, and mention there may be a bit of a delay in delivery. They must have been hammered with orders, given the price point they were selling at.

Agreed. I looked at my bank statement and see where I've been charged, but no refund applied. I may have to contact Midwest............

EDIT: sent email to Midwest. I also noticed when you click on the link in the OP's post that it shows the price being $69.96 + $13.49 shipping. Funny as I was told in the email they had no kegs in stock when the original listing was posted. If no kegs, then why edit the listing to reflect the higher price?

EDIT2: Nevermind. The new listing is from Home Brew Stuff. Sorry for overreacting.

So you were charged before they shipped? That is crappy, I hope it works out. I was late to the party and missed it. Looks like it may have been for the best.

So you were charged before they shipped? That is crappy, I hope it works out. I was late to the party and missed it. Looks like it may have been for the best.

They may have already gave me the refund. All this happened Friday, so maybe the refund was posted after 3pm, my time. If that's the case, I won't see it until Monday.

Oh that is good and makes sense.
I think Beverage Connection has a decent price but their shipping then makes the pricing nearly spot on with KegConnection. I just ordered one from Kegconnection despite it being $70. I figured I got one for $35 (black friday sale) and one for $70 so it worked out to be a decent deal.

The days of cheap ball locks are over I think. I only wish I had gotten in on this hobby much sooner.

.........The days of cheap ball locks are over I think. I only wish I had gotten in on this hobby much sooner.

I agree. I got into this hobby summer of 2012. The first thing I bought were my kegs. I bought that before getting my starter kit. I bought six for about $28/ea from McEver Distributing on eBay. At the time, I was worried thinking this might not be the hobby for me and I'd wasted money on these kegs.

Glad that one decision actually went right for me. LOL!

I am to the point I am tired of looking and have not found any on CL, etc in years. LHBS asks $70 for used and in need of seals. I think if I out grow the 6-7 I have now I will buy new from here on out for $100-120

I bought my ball locks for $25 a piece shipped plus $1.50 for orings to rebuild if needed. midwest had them on special and they are on ebay for this price all the time.... are the ball locks really that much more online? my local brew store sells ball lock kegs for $52 rebuilt...
I bought 5 10 gallon cornies for $100 on CL recently but half of them needed hardware.

I bought my ball locks for $25 a piece shipped plus $1.50 for orings to rebuild if needed. midwest had them on special and they are on ebay for this price all the time.... are the ball locks really that much more online? my local brew store sells ball lock kegs for $52 rebuilt...
I bought 5 10 gallon cornies for $100 on CL recently but half of them needed hardware.

Today they are higher, about 2 years ago you were right, they could be had for $20-$30 each. Now they are at least double that price, even on eBay. Even McEver Distributors (where I got my kegs) aren't that cheap anymore.

Hell, ~6 years ago I bought 4 from Northern Brewer for $75 plus the ride and wished I had bought 8. Those days are long gone. I am now looking for pin locks and changing out the posts if the deal is right.

At this point, if I find them for about $50 locally I snag what I can afford. The Black Friday sale from Keg Connection yielded me one at $35 but that was one per customer.

Today they are higher, about 2 years ago you were right, they could be had for $20-$30 each. Now they are at least double that price, even on eBay. Even McEver Distributors (where I got my kegs) aren't that cheap anymore.
I bought mine last summer...august I believe from midwest... like I said it was a special and I think they sold out quick..
EDIT sorry... I meant pin lock kegs... I have both but mostly pin lock...
pin lock kegs are only $50 with shipping at any given time on ebay... ball locks are usually $20-30 more..

I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on kegging and am simply appalled at the cost of kegs I am finding online. This may be a deal breaker as I just can't see being able to afford the kegs and the kegerator (or keezer build) at the same time but what good is one without the other?

Also since I have not started down this road yet should I just go with pin-lock since these seem to have better availability?

I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on kegging and am simply appalled at the cost of kegs I am finding online. This may be a deal breaker as I just can't see being able to afford the kegs and the kegerator (or keezer build) at the same time but what good is one without the other?

Also since I have not started down this road yet should I just go with pin-lock since these seem to have better availability?
Pin lock.

You can convert a pin lock to ball lock for $10

Latest posts

Back