DDT-7/29/15 Got home early!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IWfN7dn.jpg

0oca2zP.jpg

Jacks Abby Excess IPL. Big juicy hop bomb with a bit of lingering bitterness. Damn well done.
Finish the growler, open something else, or all of the above? Decisions, decisions.
Finish it. Jacks Abby is a great brewery. Isn't vanilla framing hammer due out soon? 2 years ago, that was one of my favorite beers. Tasted like vanilla clouds. So light and airy, but substantial enough as a porter. Wasn't crazy about last years batch

Dammit. I have to drink this.

So we all have beer geek friends who are obscenely generous with beer. Enter one of those friends of mine. A while back, "worst beers ever" came up in conversation. A certain beer was noted, me being the moron who loudly proclaimed "I need to drink this beer!"

He, who we'll call Eric, behind my back does a trade. Completely selflessly, just to enable me to try this beer. And I think it's about that time.

Purportedly the worst beer in existence. Poured into a Drie Fonteinen tumbler.

r0uvTl8.jpg

Yup.

Cave Creek Chili Beer.

It's just that ****ing bad.

I drank 3/4.

hold me

Dammit. I have to drink this.

So we all have beer geek friends who are obscenely generous with beer. Enter one of those friends of mine. A while back, "worst beers ever" came up in conversation. A certain beer was noted, me being the moron who loudly proclaimed "I need to drink this beer!"

He, who we'll call Eric, behind my back does a trade. Completely selflessly, just to enable me to try this beer. And I think it's about that time.

Purportedly the worst beer in existence. Poured into a Drie Fonteinen tumbler.

r0uvTl8.jpg

Yup.

Cave Creek Chili Beer.

It's just that ****ing bad.

I drank 3/4.

hold me
Only had a bottle someone left in the sun for a few weeks.

My thoughts are with you tonight.

Worked 8 hours in my normal job in Finance and offered a sum of money I could not refuse to work the hotel front desk for 6 more hours after someone apparently rage quit on a busy night. Tired doesn't sum it up (I'm too old for customer service). Spent most of that time washing out cobwebs from my mind (I'm trained to do Front Desk, but haven't done it in 5+ years)

Drinking this and winding down...

Starting to feel a lot like Christmas...
IMG_20150729_193752_zpsjrnf6rbh.jpg

It is actually surprisingly okay, and not seasonal(???). Thanks schmidlove
Had that beer a couple weeks before the trade, it's delicious and got me hooked. Figured it'd be a good wild card for the beer mail. Glad you liked it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back