DDT 7-24-15

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Shape of Hops to Come. Fantastic DIPA from these guys. Great to have some solid local options while visiting family in Philly for a few days. Cheers!!
IMG_20150724_191051_zpsb1mxlpjy.jpg

If I remember rightly, that is from last years batch - I bought one from the new batch that just came out, but I found that newer one still in my fridge the other day - I must have sent you an older one by mistake. I actually meant to send you the older Valley of the Hearts (original batch) and ended up sending this years batch. I kind of ****ed that all up.
It's awesome. Stop being silly

kRwxzjZ.jpg

Despite the things I'd heard about this I decided to pick one up when I saw it. When I cracked it open instead of getting any hop aroma I got the smell of sweet malt. The pour looked surprisingly viscous and smelled even sweeter. In the glass the smell hints at hops but is overwhelmed by the malt. If you let a DIPA sit around in the back of your fridge for a year, this is how I imagine it would taste. Nicest thing I can say about it is I like the can. Terrible.

this is dang good

IMAG0663_zpsvgtdwng1.jpg
I drank my lone bottle of this with dinner tonight (no pic). Wasn't a favorite, but still enjoyable. Now onto my first can of SOS in 6 weeks or so.
P1ktU3O.png

In the Vermont's Finest Liquids Lovers group on Facebook folks regularly post about how SOS doesn't live up to the hype or otherwise is not as good as it used to be (mostly from folks who mistakenly believe it was originally brewed in VT). I'd just like to take this opportunity to say they're all idiots. SOS if ****ing delicious, and 95-100% as good (depending on the batch) as any of the VT brewed Lawson's.

kRwxzjZ.jpg

Despite the things I'd heard about this I decided to pick one up when I saw it. When I cracked it open instead of getting any hop aroma I got the smell of sweet malt. The pour looked surprisingly viscous and smelled even sweeter. In the glass the smell hints at hops but is overwhelmed by the malt. If you let a DIPA sit around in the back of your fridge for a year, this is how I imagine it would taste. Nicest thing I can say about it is I like the can. Terrible.

Is "the hills of Woburn" tongue n cheek?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back