DC Area Group Grain Buy #12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike: thanks bro!!

I put the new spreadsheet up for Buy #13 which now has the updated prices and the new malts. Exciting! Amongst others, added Germany's largest Maltster and they have some cheap prices! Gonna have to order a sack or two from Avangard just to try it out!

It took me a while to figure out because a buddy picked up my order, but it looks like I paid for 10lbs of PBW, but only got 5. The label on my bucket said 5, but I double checked and did pay for 10. I don't want to make a big deal about it, because it took me forever to figure out, but if anyone is sitting on 5 extra LBS, hit me up!

Thanks guys

It took me a while to figure out because a buddy picked up my order, but it looks like I paid for 10lbs of PBW, but only got 5. The label on my bucket said 5, but I double checked and did pay for 10. I don't want to make a big deal about it, because it took me forever to figure out, but if anyone is sitting on 5 extra LBS, hit me up!

Thanks guys
huh. weird.

i'll weigh mine tonight to make sure i don't have your 5 lbs. i haven't touched my bucket of PBW yet, still working through my old supply.

Same here, will check mine. I will also check my label files to see if there was a mistake there.

So, I did have your label with 5# for some reason (that's what happens when manually doing this stuff, from time to time).

Glad you caught it though! I checked mine, and I am spot on with the poundage. However, if for some reason your cut isn't found amongst the others, I will give you 5# of my share to help cover it, as it was ultimately my mistake.

-Mike

There were two PBW splits and I helped with one of them, but I don't remember what names were involved.

PBW came in buckets, so the final person on the split just got the original bucket with the remainder.

If ours was the bucket in question, then the last person with the original pbw bucket would have gotten the extra.

I wonder if the other bucket was split similarly?

I think the original bucket theory makes a lot of sense. Would it also be possible to check all the labels to see if another one was incorrect (5lbs over)?

The total for that split, according to the label files, was 45#. So the person who was left with the bucket is the most likely candidate. My files are at home, so I will if that split had a majority owner, which would have been who the bucket would have gone to. However, if the splits were even, it could have been anyone on that split. We can at least narrow it down to those select few though..

I have the bucket...it is for meltonbw's split which I have not delivered to him in the Cville area. It has a sticker that says 10# and when I weighed it, it was 12# with the bucket...think we need to look elsewhere. If we don't find it, I will refund ya for 5#.

Tony

OK there were TWO buckets. On the other one there were 4*10pounds and 2*5pounds. The 10# ones went to jamisonia, reddskinnfan, Jeanne, and xcdarrel17. Since xcdarrel17 was stuck with the short stick and red has checked his, that leaves jamisonia and Jeanne as likely 15# OR splynn or BrewSavage as getting 10# instead of 5#...or something very wacky that we cannot determine...

If your name is posted above, please double check your PBW. Thanks!

(EDIT) - I emailed the folks above to help speed this along and asked them to check and post here. Again, if we can't find it, I will refund ya!!

OK there were TWO buckets. On the other one there were 4*10pounds and 2*5pounds. The 10# ones went to jamisonia, reddskinnfan, Jeanne, and xcdarrel17. Since xcdarrel17 was stuck with the short stick and red has checked his, that leaves jamisonia and Jeanne as likely 15# OR splynn or BrewSavage as getting 10# instead of 5#...or something very wacky that we cannot determine...

If your name is posted above, please double check your PBW. Thanks!

(EDIT) - I emailed the folks above to help speed this along and asked them to check and post here. Again, if we can't find it, I will refund ya!!

Just double-checked my bucket. I have 25#. I bought 20# a few buys ago (and had used about 5#), so the math is right with mine.

That said, the labeling issue was all mine. If noone can find it in their share, I'll make it right by giving you 5# straight out of my reserves.

-Mike

I just weighed my pbw and it is correct at 5 lbs of product. My share was in one of the buckets from Bigbeavk not an oem.

Thanks guys

XCDarrel17,

We are picking up for buy #13 next weekend. I can bring 5# of PBW for you, since you have an order on this buy.

Back