DC Area Group Buy #22

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tony, sorry this buy was such a PITA. I am shuttling visitors (all under legal drinking age) around DC this weekend so will only be able to grab and go, wish I could help and share a few pints :(

ALL: Please post here if you can help with splits or the like. Please post what you will bring as well. As usual, we need about 6 people, with 3 scales and buckets that fit on the scale and can hold around 10# of grain. We need plastic bags to put the malt into. Scoops are always nice to have. I don't have labels made but will try to get that done tonight (unless someone wants to volunteer to do it!).

The buyer is not going to be there so if things go south, not sure we will be able to correct quickly. Mike is going to be in the shop though, so we have a friend there that can help communicate back with the buyer if needed.

Please get there at 10AM to sort and split. Please be sure to have stopped by no later than about noon to pickup. We can bring in homebrew, but keep it to a bottle or two as we don't want issues or anyone getting in trouble driving, etc.

Please show love to 3 Stars, buys some cans, and hit the HBS for yeast or hops or whatever.

See ya'll in the morning!
Tony

Sorry guys I’m in fairfax so not sure you would want to come pick up?

Any port in a storm I suppose. If no one closer to Baltimore steps forward on the day of the pickup, I would greatly appreciate you grabbing my one sack. I can probably pick it up an evening next week if that works. This will probably be the last time I have access to the internet until Sunday. Thanks everyone.

It was both good and bad. Good was all but one sack came in...flaked wheat did not come in. I will process all refunds tonight or not later than WED night...just need about 30 minutes to sort everything out. Still something buggy with the website too which I gotta figure out. Low early turnout meant Rob and I had to move most of the grain until Sam showed up and finished it off for us. Splits were low so that went well, though Ed got stuck doing DME...lol! Worst part was about 5 people did not show up and I had to haul about 10 sacks home...legs are killing me this morning! If you are one of those people, email me today to let me know when you are going to pick up. Has to be this week, at night, or it may be a month or more before I am around...

Homebrews shared were quite good, bordering on awesome. Thanks to all who showed up, helped, brought homebrew, etc.

Cheers!

I'm one of the offenders....be glad to pickup tonight, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday after 7 pm if that works for you Tony. I live in Bethesda and can hold grain for anyone who can't pickup assuming they don't want to wait a month. Don't worry about refunding the over payment, use it to support the website.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Steve

Hi all! I think I have refunded all that overpaid. If I missed you, got the wrong amount, etc. please PM me and I will correct ASAP.

I still have grain for two of you...please let me know when you will pick up ASAP. Thanks!

Back