darn it, first AG and over shot mash temp!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just checked my gravity after two weeks ferm.....1020. :smack:

I was so paranoid about maintaining my mash temp that I way over shot it. Brew in my garage in NH and was a chilly day....

This was a mosaic ipa... tastes OK after testing but nothing like it is supposed to taste like I am sure.

As I am very new to this .. I wanted to bounce my thought off you all. I am looking for correction if needed.

I assume my high mash tempt pulled unfermentables out and this is why I see high FG?

g

Don't feel bad...I over shot my mash temp as well...It got as high as ~185!:eek: Had to pull kettle off element to get it back under control, even tho element was set for 140:rolleyes: Only time will tell..;)

Could just be the yeast is not done. If it doesn't budge after a couple days then you'll know. Include your mash temp and tasting notes in your brew book so you know for next time. Maybe it'll taste better than if you'd hit your temp.

Back