Dank Side of the Moon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajbosley2015

Reaction score
30 minute boil

1 lb golden light DME
1/2 oz. Southern Star hops at hot break (30 min)
1/2 oz. Hallertau (25)
1/2 oz. Southern Star (20)
6 lbs gold LME (15)
1/2 oz. Hallertau at hot break
1 TBPS Bitter orange Peel,
2 TBPS sweet orange peel,
2.125 tsp cardomom (10)
Irish moss (7.5)
Yeast nutrient(6)
2 oz mosaic cryo (5)
1 oz citra cryo (5)
1 oz African Queen (whirlpool)

Pitched at 71.7° with 1.056 SG 1.65L legacy WY1056 (4th brew completed with my legacy yeast that I plan on carrying through every brew that it will do well with)

Primary at 70.3° for 4 days (fermentation was complete on day 2, SG 1.002)

Dryhop at secondary (3 weeks total 68.4°) with 1 oz citra cryo, 1 oz mosaic cryo

Of course I have exact masses documented for each addition, that was just the quick and dirty

Ended up 7.35% at 115.9 IBU
Dank as the day is long, the clearest beer I’ve brewed, excellent head retention and lacing.

10/10 would recommend

5 different hops, 2 different kinds of orange peel(who knew), and cardamom. A lot going on in that beer man. Glad it turned out well

5 different hops, 2 different kinds of orange peel(who knew), and cardamom. A lot going on in that beer man. Glad it turned out well
Yeah, lots going on. I like to consider it a throwback to my EastPac navy deployments
German Hops, Middle Eastern spice, South African Hops, Florida orange peel..just a nice old trip all the way around

Its extremely delicious, crystal clear, and the head is perfect ivory. it's a winner

Latest posts

Back