Dang brewstand!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaMead

Reaction score
Ok any help is much appreciated... brewstand is finished and test burn went great only burned a min or 2. When i went to test the boil it burned a couple min then went out. Ive tried everything... i have the bg14 burners and a 30psi regulator setup on high pressure.... im assuming its a qcc fitting and may need to be changed out to pol (dont know much about that just read that could cause problems). Anyone had this issue or any way to fix it? Even converting it to low pressure is an option now... please help...

Well there ain't much to a bg14. Perhaps you triggered the Excess Flow Preventer valve in the ACME nut?

See if this gets it lit:
Shut off the cylinder valve, close the regulator all the way, remove the regulator.
Set the bg14 air damper roughly half open, then reconnect the regulator, slowly open the cylinder valve, then slowly open the regulator and light the burner.

Cheers!

Also make sure your BG-14 can exhaust. My first test was great in open air (NG instead of propane, but still) and then as soon as I put a kettle on top, it ran very shortly before going on because I didn't have good exhaust so the burner got choked. Fixed that and then all was fine.

Yeah its got a 4in space between the burner and kettle and no wind guard yet... i did as day trippr suggested it fired up, but then went out, im gonna ordered a valve with unrestricted flow and see if that helps

Is your tank full? My BG14 regulator cuts off when the propane level is low. Same thing would happen if I made rapid adjustments with the knob.

Its not full but its not that low, guess i need to get my secondary tank filled and try it out

I changed out the connector to my propane tank and it works like a charm

Latest posts

Back