damn it!!! my hose is frozen!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So...

Didja ever get yer hose thawed out, and (more importantly) did ya clean up after yer last brew?

So...

Didja ever get yer hose thawed out, and (more importantly) did ya clean up after yer last brew?

sorta, had everything setup for brewday yesterday....then realized morebeer sent me 6 5lb bags of base malt instead of the 4 10lb bags i ordered.....so i had to call off brew day until i hear back from them....

i mill into my mash tun, so it's clean....my brew kettle i was planning on doing a batch in...is still got the last brew sesh's ring in it....sitting unused on my stove...

anyone know how long it takes for morebeer to respond to a ticket? i was hopeing to brew tomorrow? i got enough malt but don't want to open the bags untill i hear from them....that was yesterday.....

sorta, had everything setup for brewday yesterday....then realized morebeer sent me 6 5lb bags of base malt instead of the 4 10lb bags i ordered.....so i had to call off brew day until i hear back from them....

i mill into my mash tun, so it's clean....my brew kettle i was planning on doing a batch in...is still got the last brew sesh's ring in it....sitting unused on my stove...

anyone know how long it takes for morebeer to respond to a ticket? i was hopeing to brew tomorrow? i got enough malt but don't want to open the bags untill i hear from them....that was yesterday.....
I usually call them directly and they fix it.

I have successfully thawed a hose by immersing it in a sink full of hot water. They make adapters that go from aerator threads to garden hose thread, like for a bottle washer. Getting the right aerator thread though can be difficult and sometimes requires a second adapter. So I may have also hooked the hose up to the hot while thawing. I don't remember exactly, I only remember the ice coming out of the hose reminded me of a dog.

I usually call them directly and they fix it.

I have successfully thawed a hose by immersing it in a sink full of hot water. They make adapters that go from aerator threads to garden hose thread, like for a bottle washer. Getting the right aerator thread though can be difficult and sometimes requires a second adapter. So I may have also hooked the hose up to the hot while thawing. I don't remember exactly, I only remember the ice coming out of the hose reminded me of a dog.

yeah i'm thinking you gave me a good idea about the sink....just let it drip over night when i know it's going to freeze......and brew day starts in the morning.

not only that! what's more offensive to your eyes? 5 periods for a pause, or one period and just blank space? (never mind, i hit the tab key to indent this line...it just skipped to post...🤣)

thought i'd update, more beer got back to me, and my missing 10lbs is on the way. so i did brew thursday! yay me!

and the water was actually scalding hot coming out the hose today, so my mash tun is clean, brew pot soaking, waiting for a scrub. and then will be put away.

Back