D I Y Hop drier - part 1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AiredAle

Reaction score
I have built a drier for my hops, and was asked to post some pictures of it, so here goes.

The dimensions are 23" by 23" square by 16" high. The material is MDF overlay 1/2" plywood. There is an extra panel on the diagonal inside the box to diflect the hot air up more efficiently.

The electric heater fits tightly into the rectangular opening on the front of the drier. The four trays are also 23 X 23 X 2" deep are stacked on top of the drier box, and bungi corded in place when full. The tray bottoms are aluminum window screen stapled to the base of the tray which are made of normal 1" boards cut to 2" deep. I can fit about a pound or more of wet hops into each tray, and they dry down to about 350 to 400 grams when dry.

I usually dry them for about 8 to 10 hours, and the air temp gets to about 125 F when the heater is set on low output.

DSC01017.JPG

DSC01018.JPG

DSC01019.JPG

DSC01020.JPG

DSC01021.JPG

Latest posts

Back