Cycer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alaktheman

Reaction score
So I'm planning on bottling this for the first time and wanted it to be carbonated. I was wondering if anyone knows if I were to mess up how long do I have if it were to turn into a glass grenade before it goes boom?

There is no definite answer. The speed at which the Co2 is produced will be directly affected by temperature that it's stored at. It would also depend on the strength of the bottle that you are using. I have done this myself many times using 2L plastic soda bottles and adding 40g of priming sugar to each. I store the bottles at room temperature for four weeks and then chill for a minimum 8 hours before opening and have never had any problems with any of the 200 or so bottles that I've produced. The only concern is that plastic bottles do allow transfer of air and so it's not recommended for storage for more than 1 year.

Latest posts

Back