• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maryland Custom-Ordered Spike Brewing 10-gallon Brewing Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EarlyAmateurZymurgist

Reaction score
<warning: long post>

*** Price $200.00 ***

For sale is a unused custom-ordered Spike Brewing 10-gallon kettle. I has a 1/2" NPT full-coupling for a ball valve, a 1/2" NPT half-coupling for a thermometer or RTD probe. The half coupling is mounted low enough to brew 1/2-size batches. The kettle also has a 1.5" tri-clover ferrule in the back for an electric element (the element is also mounted low enough to brew half batches). All fittings are sanitary welded to the kettle (the cleanest non-robotic TIG welds that I have ever seen on a brewing kettle in over two decades of brewing).

The beauty of using a tri-clover ferrule as the element mount point is that the kettle can used with an electric element using the included Brewer's Hardware 1.5" tri-clover to 1" NPS electric heating element adapter This adapter is a $59.00 part (http://www.brewershardware.com/TC15F10NPSCOV.html). The kettle can also be used with propane by removing the Brewer's Hardware electric heating element adapter and installing the included 1.5" tri-clover cap, which affords a brewer the flexibility of using electricity or propane to heat the kettle.

I am also including a new Brewer's Hardware 1/2" NPT Quick Clean Ball Valve (http://www.brewershardware.com/1-2-NPT-Quick-Clean-Take-Apart-Ball-Valve.html) with the kettle and a stainless steel 1/2" NPT plug for the 1/2" thermometer fitting (this stainless steel 1/2" NPT plug is not shown in the photos). I have 240VAC 3000W and 120 VAC 2000W (requires a 20A circuit) LWD stainless steel elements with an other sheath of Incology 800 to resist failure from dry firing that I will throw in with the kettle, which means that all you need to add is a power cable and the controller of your choice. Three thousands watts is more than enough power to bring 6.5 gallons of runoff to a boil. In fact, 2000W will bring 6.5 gallons of runoff to a boil on a 120VAC 20A circuit (e.g., the washing machine circuit in one's home).

This kettle is being sold as part of an effort to scale my brewery back in size to only the gear that I use on a regular basis, so that I can become 100% SWMBO compliant. This listing is a local cash and carry deal. The price is firm. I am willing to drive up to 30 miles to transfer ownership of the kettle. Interested local brewers should contact me via private messaging.

</warning: long post>

DSCN0919.jpg

DSCN0921.jpg

DSCN0923.jpg

DSCN0924.jpg

DSCN0925.jpg

DSCN0926.jpg

I am sorry for the omission. The price is $200.00. I am located in Central Maryland. I had to compose this listing twice because I had NoScript turned on, which makes using this site difficult.

Latest posts

Back