• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ohio Custom Built Computer-Controlled RIMS system for Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacroBrew

Reaction score
When I first started homebrewing, I wanted a Brew Magic system. Since I didn't have the money, I tried to make my own version and this is what I built. It has made solid beers for me (some that have won contests), holds temps well, and still works great. I'm selling it because I finally found a Brew Magic I can afford.

Parts include:
HLT - Keggle with thermometer and ball valve with quick-connect fittings
MLT - Keggle with thermometer, ball valve for wort out with quick-connect fittings, ball valve for wort in with quick-connect fittings, false bottom and dip tube for wort out. Blichmann Auto-sparge also included.
BK - Keggle with ball valve and quick-connect fitting. Fine false bottom and dip tube to filter out large debris from boil
2 Propane Burners
As many lids as you could ever want (we have 4 from old kettles)
March pump
Custom Built RIMS Tube
3 hoses with quick connect fittings for RIMS and transfer.
BAC controller to control RIMS system through your computer network.

The BAC controller came with extra thermocouples in case we wanted to build a stand and replace the thermometers on the keggles with the thermocouples so that we could monitor all temps via laptop.

I don't have a stand for this, I have been brewing by placing keggles on fold-out chairs as needed.

Pickup only (Port Clinton, OH)

Asking price: $2,500 OBO

RIMS for Sale.jpg

RIMS for Sale 2.jpg

RIMS for Sale 3.jpg

RIMS for Sale 4.jpg

RIMS for Sale 5.jpg

If you're willing to split up I'd be interested in the March pump.

Thanks

I'd really like to sell this as a whole system if I can. Let me see if anyone is interested before I start selling for parts.

EDIT: the controlling program is not BAC, it's the BCS-460. Sorry, forgot what the actual software was called

I live in Cincy, would be interested in the false bottoms and possibly the RIMS system if you decide to split it up.

I'm going to start selling this for parts. What is protocol? Do I start a new thread with parts listed, or do I just update this one?

If you're willing to ship, I'd be incredibly grateful and would take the hoses and all quick disconnect fittings. If you have a hopstopper and if bootlegCraig doesn't take the pump(s) same story there! These are literally the last things I need for my system!!!

Sorry guys, just sold the software, rims tube, pump, and hoses. I'm going to start a new thread for the rest of it. Thanks for showing interest, sorry I couldn't make something happen for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back