Custom bottle caps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caine

Reaction score
Is there some place for homebrewers to buy custom bottle caps like the big boys use? I'm thinking something that has a custom graphical design on it, etc.

Any ideas?

Did you have any issues with your caps from crafty caps? I don't think that the design resists when wetted as they tell us not to boil or soak them for sanitization...

?!?

Yeah, at first I had some trouble because I had been soaking my caps and I asked them about this before ordering. They suggested their "recommended" procedure, which does take some time to do - The flipping them over and spraying the bottoms. At first I tried the soaking them, and they were actually just fine in the Iodine mixture we used originally...although at one point left a couple in for about (maybe) 10 minutes and it started to eat the sealing away. Although, again, the Iodine mixture itself said not to use more than 5 minutes, so this was my fault.

For the smaller quantities of caps I want at one time, it's a simple extra step for me to just go ahead and spray the bottoms. I couldn't purchase the 10K minimum that several other places advertised. And the caps turn out pretty cute. I haven't had any issues with the designs, they worked with me pretty well.

It's pretty much a matter of if you just don't want to take the extra time to ensure the design will be fine. Which is understandable, this entire procedure takes long enough as it is.

Hope that helps!

I ordered from Crafty Caps about week and a half ago and was very pleased with a result. Their turnaround time was quick and the quality was very good as well.

There is a thread on here somewhere about someone who made his own custom caps. I'm too lazy to dig it up right now but a site search could help you come up with it.

We'll be opening our online store this Fall where homebrewers can go online and purchase a variety of specially designed caps or purchase custom caps with your own design.

You'll also be able to find many of our designs in your local homebrew supply store.

We'd love some feedback from any/all of you.

BrewToppers — Custom beer caps and crowns for homebrewers, small craft breweries and brewpubs

So when do you guys think that you'll be up and running? Im seriously looking for some caps in the next week or so!

Of course we can! We've only delayed the opening of the online store so we can focus on our brewery customers and getting the process down. We should be activating the store in the coming weeks.

We're 100% operational and have been printing lots of brewery jobs so shoot me an email ben@brewtoppers and let's talk. I'd love to help you out.

Ben

There is a thread on here somewhere about someone who made his own custom caps. I'm too lazy to dig it up right now but a site search could help you come up with it.

The approach I saw on here that work well was to use water-slide decal transfer paper. Print on that, then apply to the caps as you would apply a decal to a model.

For anyone that's still interested, check out my Vendor Ads for a discount on engraved caps. They're good for homebrewer quantities, because there's no setup fee or huge minimum order. They'll ship immediately!

Of the links posted so far, Brew toppers seems to be the best and most affordable. However, their selection of designs is small and custom design prices are not listed.

If you feel like harnessing your inner artist, spray paint works great to get some cheap and interesting results. I use this method so I can tell different brews apart by their caps when they're sitting in the fridge together.

Of course we can! We've only delayed the opening of the online store so we can focus on our brewery customers and getting the process down. We should be activating the store in the coming weeks.

We're 100% operational and have been printing lots of brewery jobs so shoot me an email ben@brewtoppers and let's talk. I'd love to help you out.

Ben

Do you do small quantity jobs for homebrewing yet? I'd be interested in maybe purchasing a couple hundred or so.

Chris

Do you do small quantity jobs for homebrewing yet? I'd be interested in maybe purchasing a couple hundred or so.

Chris

You're probably better off getting in touch with Jon Haase (jon@brewtoppers). He's pretty responsive to email. He got me a quote for 300 caps (50 each of 6 different cap/ink color combinations). Looks like about a 2 week lead time from payment to receiving them. They're doing the 300 for me at the 500-1000 rate ($0.19 each). Their standard caps colors are red, black, blue, green, orange, yellow, silver gold & white. Standard ink colors are silver, black and white. Custom ink colors can be mixed for $40. I'll post pics when I receive mine. Here's the proof they sent me after I sent them my artwork:

695bbf2ce24ae94c7e37fb6dc964f3c0.png

You're probably better off getting in touch with Jon Haase (jon@brewtoppers). He's pretty responsive to email. He got me a quote for 300 caps (50 each of 6 different cap/ink color combinations). Looks like about a 2 week lead time from payment to receiving them. They're doing the 300 for me at the 500-1000 rate ($0.19 each). Their standard caps colors are red, black, blue, green, orange, yellow, silver gold & white. Standard ink colors are silver, black and white. Custom ink colors can be mixed for $40. I'll post pics when I receive mine. Here's the proof they sent me after I sent them my artwork:

Thanks for the tip! I'll try to get in touch with him and see what they can do.
:mug:

Bubba_Mustafa said:
What about having a rubber stamp made?

Since the caps that I would like to do would need 2 colors plus the cap color I don't think a stamp would work for me on this one. Hell of an idea though! I will keep it in mind for the future.

Here are some results using spray paint and a stencil. The design is for a version of nugget nectar with tons of nelson sauvin hops included. Easy to make and very cheap.
mail

I've been looking for custom caps for some time, too. I just came across www.bottlemark.com (I guess it's new) which finally looks like a reasonable option for my usual 5 gal batches. I think I'll probably order some for my next bottling; let y'all know how they look.

Back