Custom Bottle Caps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oahu

Reaction score
Do these exist? Do most HBers just use the standard blanks? I thought this would be a great way to mark my beers without labelling them, as I just discovered removing labels sucks.

I just use different colored caps for each batch. I have about eight different colors. Check out www.homebrewheaven.com They have caps in a variety of colors. Beyond that, the above post with the Avery dot labels is a good idea. The color code system works for me. I usually can't keep more than about four batches around at the same time anyway...

joejaz said:
I mark every cap with a sharpie, that's the easiest way
2nd. i just use two or three letters to define the beer. I have a bunch of types in bottles now and i never get confused, well maybe when i really drunk, but then it really doesnt matter.

joejaz said:
I mark every cap with a sharpie, that's the easiest way

I did that, but thought it was a pain. My handwriting is pretty crappy and the small size of the caps made it difficult to mark them legibly. I bought some printable round labels and downloaded an MS Word template and print them that way. Works like a charm and I can color code each batch.

Medo said:
Ahoy hoy,
I think this is what the original poster was looking for.
http://craftycaps.com/brewers/index.html

Hope that helps
I bid you all a great day!

I got excited when I saw this, but it looks like they just use round stickers...not very professional looking in my opinion...
scan0005%20copy.jpg

I use one of those white, wet erase markers that liquor stores use on wine bottles. Wipes off easy enough and I can write directly on the bottle.

Hi! I noticed you mentioned Crafty Caps - I just thought I'd let you know that we did order some from them a while back. They are adhesive labels/stickers, but they are sealed so well, they looked great for our party. We ordered some that had a black background, and ordered black caps with them...you couldn't even tell they weren't apart of the cap.

We are considering trying out the guy that uses the "lasering" technique though. Would like to get some different ideas to see what we like best!

Happy Brewing!

I personally like the options from Brewtoppers (www.brewtoppers.com). They have several that are generic premade designs such as a star, a lion, and a few others. The others I have used are the unique "homebrew" caps with the specific styles in the middle. But you also have the option of completely doing a custom design if that's exactly what you're looking for.

I have used them a few times. They're a bit pricey for caps (their homebrew style caps are $4.99 for 60), but they're pretty sweet looking.

Hope this helps!

Never seen custom bottle caps. I did find this awhile back, but haven't had the chance to use it yet.

I just picked up and printed my first set of these Avery 5408 3/4" round white labels. Super easy and there's a template from Avery's website.

The advantage to these over a Sharpie is that you can put in a lot of info; I wrote the beer name, the bottle date, and the ABV for each one. The advantage over different colored caps is this is cheaper and easier 'cause you can stick with one color cap, if you prefer.

They're <$7 at Staples and a bit more on Amazon for 1,008 labels (that's a lot of beer).

They also come in a pack with different 4 or so different colors.

I just use 1" (I think) round Avery labels I picked up at Staples. They come 12 per sheet and I just run them through the printer, peel them off and stick them to the top of the caps (after bottling). It's not the most professional looking, but it has plenty of room for the name of the beer and the date it was bottled. They work great for me!

210c2e3f.jpg

Another option (as I noted in the other thread) among the handful to options is www.bottlemark.com. I particularly like how the custom cap can be done right on the site. I just hate actually talking to people, dontcha know. Well, not really, but that's how buying things works these days.

And I don't know that I'd use it since I know my way around Photoshop, but their design library is certainly worth a look for its humor. Makes me wonder if I can do a bottle cap with a QR code on it. Certainly would be worth the geek cred; I'll have to look into it.

I've used the Avery Envelope Seals before. They actually work well. I add the name of the beer, "brewed on" date, and ABV to the label. Looks nicer but takes a little more time to apply the labels to each bottle.

I've used the Avery Envelope Seals before. They actually work well. I add the name of the beer, "brewed on" date, and ABV to the label. Looks nicer but takes a little more time to apply the labels to each bottle.

Do they peel off easily? I wouldn't mind having a little more room for info than the round stickers I'm using on the caps, but I don't want anything that I'm going to have to soak/remove each time.

I get these labels. They have others on this site and they are pretty good OnlineLabels. I couple that with the free Avery software and use a homebrewed template. They have other labels too as well as removable ones.

no idea where the thread went, you'll have to search but there was someone here on HBT less than a year ago that was selling custom caps.

Not intending to bring a stale thread back to life but...

Was doing some searching today and came across this site. It's a new company (husband and wife duo) in Houston. They make custom (digitally printed) bottle caps.

http://www.bottlemark.com/

Good luck!

Back