Curse you all!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanieman

Reaction score
Just kidding.

I guess I'm hooked....Today is my first brew day (Amber Ale), first post, first introductions. I spent last weekend with a friend to go through a recipe so I could learn the method, and within one week I have -
Bought my own home brew set up
Bought first recipe
Been to 2 HB stores between Austin and Dallas, TX
Been to Lowe's to buy the Frigidaire for the kegerator conversion (found on this sight)
Began conversion
Planning for a pumpkin or honey ale next weekend
...and cursed commercial beers for life :mug:

Anyway, good to be here, I've already learned a lot.

Welcome to HBT!

You think you're the first to curse the enablers in this obsession? Stand in line bub. :D

Sounds like you are well on your way. We're glad you're here and hope to see you often.

Are you one of those people who buys all the stuff for the current hot project...then lets it sit around for a long while, to get a whole lot of procrastinating accomplished. Actually, that's pretty much what I do. If it weren't for shopping on the internet I wouldn't be getting anything done!

I got my Frigidaire 7.2 cu. ft. from Lowes yesterday. Is yours black too? What are your collar (and collar color) plans?

Are you one of those people who buys all the stuff for the current hot project...then lets it sit around for a long while, to get a whole lot of procrastinating accomplished. Actually, that's pretty much what I do.

I reckon you have probably summed up about 98% of us here! :D

Are you one of those people who buys all the stuff for the current hot project...then lets it sit around for a long while, to get a whole lot of procrastinating accomplished. Actually, that's pretty much what I do. If it weren't for shipping on the internet I wouldn't be getting anything done!

I got my Frigidaire 7.2 cu. ft. from Lowes yesterday. Is yours black too? What are your collar (and collar color) plans?

Haha, no, I'll probably get obsessed with this for awhile then next thing you know I'm switching to homemade vodka. Thank my quasi-ADHD for that.

I got the 4.4 compact Frigidaire, with the shelf freezer unit that can be unscrewed/removed. Its set up with one corney keg, a loaner from a friend. Next weekend I plan on mounting two taps high and center on the door and finishing the rest. Yes it is black...and just barely small enough that my wife didn't flip when I "surprised" her with it set up in our home office.

Haha, no, I'll probably get obsessed with this for awhile then next thing you know I'm switching to homemade vodka. Thank my quasi-ADHD for that.

I got the 4.4 compact Frigidaire, with the shelf freezer unit that can be unscrewed/removed. Its set up with one corney keg, a loaner from a friend. Next weekend I plan on mounting two taps high and center on the door and finishing the rest. Yes it is black...and just barely small enough that my wife didn't flip when I "surprised" her with it set up in our home office.

Have a link to the plans and info on the model? I'm wanting to get a fridge that will hold two cornies for fermenting lagers and that one may just fit the bill...

Welcome to HBT! If you are in the Austin area be sure to look us up on the Central Texas brewers group so we can meet up for a few pints!

Welcome! I too am BRAND new to brewing- only have 2 batches under my belt...also have 10 gallons of apfelwein fermenting...it really is an obsession. I was first hemming and hawing about spending the $100 something bucks for the equipment, and am now about to spend $400 on kegging equipment! Yeesh....good thing I'm not married yet. :p

I've got a batch of Apfelwein just finishing up, getting ready to bottle it up this weekend (ok, maybe I'll let it sit another month, not sure yet).

Welcome!

Welcome and I was wondering if you have beat the below acusations:)

Are you one of those people who buys all the stuff for the current hot project...then lets it sit around for a long while, to get a whole lot of procrastinating accomplished. .

I reckon you have probably summed up about 98% of us here! :D

Latest posts

Back