Curious newb in West central FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyslexic Rooster

Reaction score
Hello all! New guy looking to learn about a side project.

I'm in the very early stages of building a small boat. So early I'm not sure if it's going to be a canoe or kayak. Through a convoluted thought process, I got curious if I could make the alcoholic beverage for the "whiskey strip" and to christen the finished boat with. Which brought me here.

My primary interest is mead, because I want to use local materials for the boat, and the finish is an amber color, so why not use local honey? Other than that, I have no idea what I'm doing. About any of this. But I'm excited and ready to learn.

I used to have an ambition to build my own kayak. (maybe I still do haha).

Around tampa bay, there are a lot of local beekeepers. I can't remember the names of them, but you'll find them. good luck. Love to see the progress on your boat.

How close are you to the whiskey strip?
I got the plans last week, and I don't have a work space yet, so a year hopefully? I have a couple practice projects planned too. I'll keep updates coming. And thank you for the tip about the local beekeepers.

Latest posts

Back