Cure for foamy pours? What is this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewswithshoes

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Was at a tradeshow for work this week and the nightly booth crawl had this setup for pouring beers. The line was really long, so i didn't get a chance to do much else but film the pour and ask them how it worked. I know it's gimmicky, and i can't imagine those magnetic closure cups are cheap (although they were giving us throw away versions)

Anybody ever seen this before?

First saw that here on HBT a few years ago. Cup cost aside, no-loss automatic rapid pours are well suited for sports venues.
Wonder how many adopted it....

Cheers!

Huh. Funny Im it sure I saw this at a stadium and totally forgot about it until now. It's interesting, I think the automation is the big advantage for mass service. Super dependent on those cups. If you ever get a flawed batch you're screwed.

I had a beer served like that at the Durham Bulls ballpark once. It was fun to watch pour and it kept the line moving. I saved the magnetic bottoms as a souvenir since they had the logo printed on them. The only downside was that I kept fooling with the magnet and ended up with a wet lap..

Back