CT Group buy round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please do not post the invoice on the public forum, you may share it between participants via email or hardcopy.

We are finalizing some delivery details and orders should go in tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks,
Josh (aka. the buyer)

Please post the pdf list, the most recent one, on the forum again publicly. What's with the secrecy and screwyness? Is this just a scam job again? Put the list and make sure it's sufficiently public to make it legitimate ... not some online fraud looking thing from shady online personality characters.

I'm only interested in 2 bags of malt and don't need harassment or stupidity. Just cheap malt. Seems that's getting increasingly difficult. You've posted once, can post again. Put details so it can be used easily in court when my money "accidentally goes missing."

Please post the pdf list, the most recent one, on the forum again publicly. What's with the secrecy and screwyness? Is this just a scam job again? Put the list and make sure it's sufficiently public to make it legitimate ... not some online fraud looking thing from shady online personality characters.

I'm only interested in 2 bags of malt and don't need harassment or stupidity. Just cheap malt. Seems that's getting increasingly difficult. You've posted once, can post again. Put details so it can be used easily in court when my money "accidentally goes missing."

Was this directed at me? the one going out of my way to do a group buy for a bunch of people ive never met?

There is no secrecy, i dont want my NCM account number posted publicly on the internet. If theres something you think is shady about this deal please PM me, id love to hear about it before i get involved and risk losing my NCM account.

"NJ group buy"

what exactly are you talking about?

I want invoice pdf on display (and my records) so I can send money for my share of purchase, but last time I was magically scratched off the list. PM was kinda outrageous, so please don't. My inbox is full with previous bully's hostility so PM wouldn't work anyway.

Nothing for you to worry about 7tom- as stated previously, you didn't make it. Please don't be angsty.

For everyone else, been talking with the buyer and tomj about order details. To be transparent, we may need to classify this as a "residential delivery" so tomj knows the delivery time. This would add about $175 total, split between 42 bags.

I expect the order to go in tomorrow if the buyer is available.

Nothing for you to worry about 7tom- as stated previously, you didn't make it. Please don't be angsty.

For everyone else, been talking with the buyer and tomj about order details. To be transparent, we may need to classify this as a "residential delivery" so tomj knows the delivery time. This would add about $175 total, split between 42 bags.

I expect the order to go in tomorrow if the buyer is available.

Is there anything we can get done to try and make sure that doesn't happen? If it's getting forked off the truck during business hours it should be preventable, no? Another $4/bag is pricing that I could have gotten (for albeit inferior quality malt) from the homebrew shop up the road in Ludlow.

Order is placed.

Delivery early/middle next week.

Invoice not in yet, but no residential delivery charge- liftgate fee is cheaper.

Details as I have them.

I work in Hartford on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So depending on when the grain arrives, I could possibly grab yours and meet you on one of those days.

Will anyone be carting bags north towards Hartford ? It would save 90 min driving

Bill,
shecky has said that he would bring my grain as far North as the Lee exit of the MA Pike. I'm waiting for confirmation from him, and perhaps he can bring yours north as well. Alternatively, if you work something out, perhaps your contact can bring mine north to a spot where I can meet and pick it up.
godrick

Bill,
shecky has said that he would bring my grain as far North as the Lee exit of the MA Pike. I'm waiting for confirmation from him, and perhaps he can bring yours north as well. Alternatively, if you work something out, perhaps your contact can bring mine north to a spot where I can meet and pick it up.
godrick

We're good, my man. I love making that drive up to Lee this time of year. It's gorgeous.

I also get through Hartford about a million times a week so I'll lend as much of a hand as I can.

We're good, my man. I love making that drive up to Lee this time of year. It's gorgeous.

I also get through Hartford about a million times a week so I'll lend as much of a hand as I can.

You da man, shecky:mug:

Funds transferred yesterday, will compare invoice with original estimate and square up soon.

Delivery Tuesday.

Loks like I might have to take a brew day off work this coming week... Or two.

The grain has arrived! Let's do a pickup this Saturday afternoon. If anyone needs theirs sooner, PM me and we can work something out. Otherwise PM me before sat and I will provide the address and phone number.
Tom

Also, consider everything squared up for costs. I'm covering the difference, mostly for two reasons- I was pleasantly surprised how many people were, "And he's a dollar or two more for those who can't do math," and the other reason of "I'm too lazy."

Anyway way, what time is good for you, tomj ? I figure if people can pick up around the same time, then the homebrew swap will be easier, plus easier for you spending less time at work on a Saturday... ;-) It's where the delivery was, correct?

Holy crap, I just realized I'll be picking up nearly 1,200 pounds of grain Saturday (grabbing mine plus that of three others). Think a mini-van can handle that?

Holy crap, I just realized I'll be picking up nearly 1,200 pounds of grain Saturday (grabbing mine plus that of three others). Think a mini-van can handle that?

1200 pounds - Hell, that"s just four chicks and a cooler full of homebrew!
Rock on Shecky, and bring the chicks :mug::mug::mug::mug:

1200 pounds - Hell, that"s just four chicks and a cooler full of homebrew!
Rock on Shecky, and bring the chicks :mug::mug::mug::mug:

I wouldn't call those chicks. Perhaps Linebacker, maybe moose, definitely not chicks at at least 200lbs a piece.
Figure a generous 325lb driver, 75lb cooler, that makes Chaz Bono & company more of a threat to your homebrew and snacks than any kind of a fun ride!

Grain in hand, all 21 bags of it. Thanks to tomj and josh and whomever else had a hand in organizing this. Well done. :mug:

To the three of you to whom I'm delivering, be extra nice to me. Your future brews are now in my possession and in danger of being held hostage. ;)

My plan is to head to Lee on Monday morning, probably arriving in the 10:15-10:30 range. I know there is a truck stop at the Rt. 7/Pike junction that could act as a drop point. If that works or if one of you has a better idea, let me know. :)

Grain in hand, all 21 bags of it. Thanks to tomj and josh and whomever else had a hand in organizing this. Well done. :mug:

To the three of you to whom I'm delivering, be extra nice to me. Your future brews are now in my possession and in danger of being held hostage. ;)

My plan is to head to Lee on Monday morning, probably arriving in the 10:15-10:30 range. I know there is a truck stop at the Rt. 7/Pike junction that could act as a drop point. If that works or if one of you has a better idea, let me know. :)

Looks like I'll be picking up for myself and pernox shecky. The truck stop is fine. Just call me 15 min before you arrive at the Lee exit.
godrick

Thanks to tomj, banik, pernox and everyone else for making this happen. Thanks to kappclark for the yeast. And special thanks to shecky for hauling the grain up to the Lee exit for us northern boys. Much appreciated!
godrick
:mug::mug::mug::mug::mug::mug::mug::mug::mug:

Just got back = ditto for everyone who made this happen, but esp Schecky..thx

Bought some Homer buckets for the big supply.. (but not enough buckets) - and i love the smell of Vienna, Munich, and 2-row..

Thank you Godrick for the ESB and the octoberfest -- I will enjoy this evening..

Time to grind some grain..

No thanks necessary. And thanks for the beers, fellers. It's an easy trip up there, a nice drive. As an added bonus, on a whim I tried to a new route home, just feeling my way, and discovered a more direct route of nothing but country roads that cuts my trip by 20 minutes.

Win all around.

Back