Crash Cooled for over a Month!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duffman2

Reaction score
Man it sucks having to work for a living! I know most of y'all feel my pain but my work life really got in the way of my brewing life for the last couple months.

I was able to brew a blonde on the 6th of July but when I crash cooled it (somewhere around 7-21) I have had to leave it there. So it has been a good, extended crash at 36 degrees and I'm sure will be really clear by now.

Only thing I'm worried about is having all of my yeast completely dropped out of suspension to the point that bottling will never prime up or condition properly.

Thoughts?

One good streak of the racking cane across the bottom of your fermenter should get you enough yeast I'm suspension to do the job. They're not dead and it'll br an awesomely clear beer.

Yeah I didn't want to overdo this and have bottle bombs from too much fresh yeast. But this is what I was thinking

Yeah I didn't want to overdo this and have bottle bombs from too much fresh yeast. But this is what I was thinking

Think about it: There really is no such thing as "too much" fresh yeast, there is only so much fermentable sugar in the priming solution. ;)

It's not the number of yeast, it's the amount of food you give them that causes the trouble. There are hundreds of billions of the little suckers in your beer--you'll likely carb up fine even if you just rack your beer. I've added some fresh yeast at bottling on occasion.

might take a little longer for them to wake up, but the amount of viable yeast present should be enough. Maybe start a few days with the temperatures a little higher in the low 70's.

Back