Craigslist Pickup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daholl01

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am still just a newbie brewer, reading "How to Brew" and deciding what equipment to get started with. While I wanted to save up and go straight for a kegging system, I did a search on Craigslist and saw these 60 Grolsch bottles for $10. A good clean and sanitize and I think they are ready to go. Swingtops look like they are in good condition too, what do you think? (see second pic). Now I figure I can save the $200 that a basic keg system would cost and get my feet wet with the bottles.

dsc00941-479nv6mmk.jpg

dsc00942-479nvhw3j.jpg

Those are some weird lookin bananas:D

Great score:mug: Look like they have barely been used.

do get new gaskets, if any of them are brittle, or not 'rubbery', then replace it. also, for sanitizing, make sure to take the gaskets off to sanitize as well.

Nah, 20 for $1...that's a steal! :)

Just stopped by one of the local bars that serves Grolsch and asked them to save them for me. Only cost me the nickel deposit. Well, I did have a beer and tipped well, but that doesn't count. :mug:

They keep hooking me up whenever I stop back. I'm trying to get enough swing-tops saved up for 3 batches so I can drink a few different brews at one time and when I have enough empties I can brew up another batch.

I scored a 15 cu ft freezer for $50. :rockin: I'm so exicted to start kegging this week. I'll have lots of questions about kegging during the coming weeks.

60 for $10!! Holy crap thats awesome...

Man my craigslist blows....there is NEVER anything cool on there.

Plus, they don't recycle glass here...

Back