Craigslist Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlosislame

Reaction score
So i found a kegerator really cheap, the problem is it wouldn't cool properly. I manage to keep the compressor running non stop. So it works. ( cools perfectly) Will the Johnson temp control work for this? To keep it at 34-37f .
If other equipment works better let me know. I dont want to deal with a replacement thermostat for the kegerator.

Last edited:
I have my fermentation chamber plugged into a Johnson A419 and have the chamber set to the coldest position. I have the A419 set to 38f. When the temp hits that number, the controller turns off the chamber until it’s ready to chill again.

Is that what you’re looking for?

I have my fermentation chamber plugged into a Johnson A419 and have the chamber set to the coldest position. I have the A419 set to 38f. When the temp hits that number, the controller turns off the chamber until it’s ready to chill again.

Is that what you’re looking for?
Thats sounds good. I was able to get the original kegerator thermostat to cool down to 32.5f , but doesnt kick back on until 39 almost 40 degrees. Figure ill bypass the thermostat and use a Johnson control to keep at a smaller swing difference

Thats sounds good. I was able to get the original kegerator thermostat to cool down to 32.5f , but doesnt kick back on until 39 almost 40 degrees. Figure ill bypass the thermostat and use a Johnson control to keep at a smaller swing difference
Are you measuring air temp? Liquid doesn't change as fast as air. I don't think you really have an issue as long as the beer stays at serving temps. I have my kegerator set at 38 deg. I notice that the controller will let it get up to 40 before kicking on again. but the beer remains consistant. What happens if you just set it for your desired serving temp and monitor a container of water? What I'm getting at is you may be trying to solve a non issue.

So i found a kegerator really cheap, the problem is it wouldn't cool properly. I manage to keep the compressor running non stop. So it works. ( cools perfectly) Will the Johnson temp control work for this? To keep it at 34-37f .
If other equipment works better let me know. I dont want to deal with a replacement thermostat for the kegerator.
it's most likely the thermostat,
What kind of kegerator is it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back