Craigslist is your friend!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jekeane

Reaction score
Pretty much every night I do a search on craigslist for three words "Keg", "Beer, "Freezer".

Today's haul was pretty epic! For $100 I got: 5g Keg, Copper wort chiller, 6g Better Bottle (New), 17lb Steel CO2 tank (full), Masterbuilt propane burner with 7g pot (used once), 5g Mash Tun, Big bottle of Star San (New), PBW (New), Keg Lube(New), Autosiphon (new), spoon, carboy brush, hand capper, air lock(new), stopper, bottle wand, 12 bottles.

Most of this stuff will be back ups or given to a friend, I really just wanted the keg and the wort chiller and the bottle which at my lhbs would have easily come over the $100 price tag.

Craigslist is your friend! Use it! (unless you are in jax, FL. Then back off!)

if you want to get really nerdy, go to a site called IFTTT.com IFTTT means "if this, then that"... You can easily create a 'recipe' using several different applications such as Dropbox, Facebook, Google, etc.. However, I happen to use it to send me SMS messages each time results for a particular term is posted to Craigslist in my area. For example; I have it set up so that every time the term "keg" or "corny" is posted, I immediately get an SMS message to my phone...

So, give it a try. It's simple and easy to use.

I actually had it post the days weather report to my Facebook page every day at 6AM. People gave me **** about it because they thought I would actually take the time to post the weather report every day at 6am, they didn't realize it happened programmatically... There is all sorts of fun to be had with IFTTT.com.. Check it out, amaze and annoy your friends! post any recipes that you create!

if you want to get really nerdy, go to a site called IFTTT.com IFTTT means "if this, then that"... You can easily create a 'recipe' using several different applications such as Dropbox, Facebook, Google, etc.. However, I happen to use it to send me SMS messages each time results for a particular term is posted to Craigslist in my area. For example; I have it set up so that every time the term "keg" or "corny" is posted, I immediately get an SMS message to my phone...

So, give it a try. It's simple and easy to use.

I actually had it post the days weather report to my Facebook page every day at 6AM. People gave me **** about it because they thought I would actually take the time to post the weather report every day at 6am, they didn't realize it happened programmatically... There is all sorts of fun to be had with IFTTT.com.. Check it out, amaze and annoy your friends! post any recipes that you create!

Done. Nice tip. I just created the same recipe. I had heard of ifttt before but never quite understood it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My IFTTT recipe must have expired. I have gotten notifications for it in ages. I guess I'll have to go recreate it. I need a chest freezer for a fermentation chamber.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

I was looking on Craigslist today in San Antonio. A person is selling a bottling bucket, 2g carboy, 5g carboy, immersion chiller, 5L kegs and various other items for $30. Problem is if I were to drive and go buy it I'd be short until next Friday.

@ OP - great bargain find

slightly unrelated......i went to sams-club the other day
they had 4 gallon water jugs (that isn't a typo) non-refillable for $5 each
so i looked on the bottom for the PET symbol.... class #1
(class # 1 and 2 are `safe` to use...for those whom feel that any plastic at all is safe)
I figured for 5 bucks even if i couldn't use it we'd drink the water anyways.
Turns out the airlock bung for a better bottle is a perfect fit for it. Better bottles run 20 on up so it's a decent way to add to your fermentor collection without breaking your wallet.

Back