Craigslist Deal of the Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushpapers

Son-of-a-Booch
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I picked this baby up from a Craigslist ad.
200 liters.
$200.
The seller included the floating top and a 1/2" stainless ball valve.
20210723_232052.jpg

I have an army of thirsty souls that love Kombucha. Having them to drink it allows me to practice and perfect the craft on a larger scale. As you go up in scale there are the problems of mass production and efficiency that must be overcome.

Practice makes perfect and the whole process has now become fluid.

Dang! Your on a roll! Deals are out there if you are always on the look out. I've had great success on Market place, Craigslist, and Probrewer.

The best deal I got on Craigslist is the 2- 3.5 BBL Unitanks new never used on the left from Alpha Brewing Ops. I've got some killer deals off probrewer classifieds also, but Market place I've got some of the best deals I scored including a $25,000ish walk in cooler for $200.

Attachments

• TPB fermenters.jpeg
    TPB fermenters.jpeg
    448.4 KB · Views: 32
Took my brother in law and truck and trailer and tools. Luckily the lady's son helped and he was a young guy with more than enough muscle. This thing is 10 foot tall by 10 foot wide by 24 foot long, and has 6 inch thick walls so the panels are heavy as hell. It is old school but looks like new and the evaporator and compressor are basically brand new. The compressor was sitting on top and weighs around 300 pounds so we used a ladder with boards and a tree climbing rope to lower it down. The trailer was probably stacked 8 foot high with panels. My walk in cooler guy said he thought it is worth between $25/30K. Was a farmers market lady that was retiring and just wanted it gone. The son said don't even ask what she had into it because it was ridiculous and just know I was getting an insane deal. Got home about 1:30 am after a 3 hour drive. It is in my big storage unit with a ton of other stuff for the brewery.

The best deal I got on Craigslist is the 2- 3.5 BBL Unitanks new never used on the left from Alpha Brewing Ops. I've got some killer deals off probrewer classifieds also, but Market place I've got some of the best deals I scored including a $25,000ish walk in cooler for $200.
:bravo:I think a lottery ticket is in store for the luck you have had. Good luck on that also.

Today's deal is off FB marketplace. It's an Enotecnica plate and frame filter (pictured right) $400. It was filthy. My wash water turned a muddy brown. But after full disassembly and a scrub, it is looking almost brand new.
IMG_20220203_223645.jpg

I assume you must be talking about the listing in Buford, not Duluth. He must have done some research, because he quoted what the big keg is worth. It's still a fair price, but more than I want to pay for something I really have no immediate use for.
1690373064242.png

I assume you must be talking about the listing in Buford, not Duluth. He must have done some research, because he quoted what the big keg is worth. It's still a fair price, but more than I want to pay for something I really have no immediate use for.
View attachment 825601
He said he lived in Duluth, and that's where we met up 🤷‍♂️. He should have done his research first 🤣

Back