Craig knows it's stuff!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stef1966

Reaction score
:drunk:
Probably many of you have heard about the infamous Craig, this guy has made a little serie of videos teaching home brewing in the most minimalistic form.

This guy cuts corners so short it makes home brewing look like taking out the trash. :cross:

I have found his videos made me think in two ways, i gotta say i had a laugh here and there cause the man really doesnt take home brewing seriously or doesnt want to care about much details into doing it, wich in a way, can also be a good newbie primer into at least trying it once.

Wanna learn how to make a "one week in primary and then bottle and forget all about it" kinda batch?

I'd like to taste the stuff he makes and compare it to mine, maybe I'd be surprised?
After all... This is also Beer being made here. :fro:

This is where you start:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAJKWCdaPq4]YouTube - Home brewing the easy way part 1[/ame]

Part II:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uIfoTbaHaY]YouTube - Home brewing the easy way part 2[/ame]

Part III:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHrAkcSOi5w]YouTube - Home brewing the easy way part 3[/ame]

Part IV:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hfd7p4r_RQ]YouTube - Home brewing the easy way part 4[/ame]

To any noobs out there.... this technique is horrible in every aspect and will not produce good beer.

If you are just trying to make booze on the cheap, go buy some Fleischmann's vodka and continue to your nightly routine of masturbate, sob, and repeat.

EDIT: I will say that the entertainment value Craig offers and the jokes we have had at his expense are delicious.

There's plenty of craig tube bashing threads on here...we really don't need another one do we?

He's happy with what he does...he knows about us, he's been trolled (rudely btw) by some of our (more zealous) members already, and he really doesn't care...he is happy with the beer he makes...and really that is all that matters....Just know that there are much better ways to make beer, and leave him alone...

Someone has a great quote about not dissing another person's brewing, or brewery in their sigline....like Mckbrew pointed out, the tagline on our site, we are a "civilised duscussion community."

OK I'll give. Power to him and I don't care what he drinks, but to any new people looking at this thread, there are plenty of MUCH better resources to look at for how to brew tutorials. I know Bobby_M has some, and others for sure.

You’re lucky he even brewed for you bastards! Leave Craigtube Alone. PLEASE!

youtube_leave_britney_alone_200709.jpg

:D

I really liked his videos. I watched them before I started brewing and they, like Alton Brown's Good Eats episode before them, made me very interested in learning all I could and doing it right!

I owe a lot to Craigtube (and my man AB) for helping me get on the path that led to more knowledge, better practices and a hobby I am sure to love for the rest of my life.

Side Note: If one reads my introductory post on this tread, you can see it was not meant to bash or ridiculize the man or his methods, i just felt it was an interesting topic for a home brewing forum.

As i also mentioned, it has good value in the sense that i feel a lot of people would be willing to at least try it once using this simplified straight to the point method.

And has far as knowing if there was already existing treads about Craig on here, I guess i could have tried the "Search the damn forum using Google" option.

Sorry for existing and breathing on this Earth. :)

You can buy a burger from McDonald's.

You can buy pre-shaped frozen burger patties.

You can buy ground beef and make your own patties.

We pride ourselves in raising the cow, butchering it, grinding the meat and grilling it over charcoal we pre-burned ourselves. :D

...If you are just trying to make booze on the cheap, go buy some Fleischmann's vodka and continue to your nightly routine of masturbate, sob, and repeat...

Oh you SO made it to the mem quote thread...and if it weren't for Yooper's comment (which I should have tattoeed on my body) it would go on my sigline...

:mug:

Side Note: If one reads my introductory post on this tread, you can see it was not meant to bash or ridiculize the man or his methods, i just felt it was an interesting topic for a home brewing forum.

As i also mentioned, it has good value in the sense that i feel a lot of people would be willing to at least try it once using this simplified straight to the point method.

And has far as knowing if there was already existing treads about Craig on here, I guess i could have tried the "Search the damn forum using Google" option.

Sorry for existing and breathing on this Earth. :)

The responses aren't aimed at you. They are preemptive strikes for the imminent basing that will ensue.

Suckers! I already got my Craigbash on :mug:

I haven't heard his voice so i cant say, but his video of him drumming along "Free Ride" from The Edgar Winter Band is IMO, Top notch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf_QH553G6E&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Drumming to "Free Ride"[/ame]

I'm somewhat new here, and I have brewed about 8 Coopers kit's. I cannot brew AG or anything on the stove because my roomates complain about the smell.

Coopers kit's are great for learning how to brew, you still learn how to sanitize, bottle, and lots of other basic brewing techniques.

This guy's step by step guide, is almost exactly what is in the Coopers kit directions. Which are so incredible wrong. The directions state to keep the beer in the fermenter for 7-10 days! I did the same thing when I brewed my first batch of beer, I followed the directions (because obviously I thought they knew what they were talking about) I had it in the fermenter for 10 days. Then bottled it for another 10 days and tried the beer. What I had was horrible tasting flat beer, that tasted cidery (green beer).

Then I joined this forum and quickly learned useful tools to make better beer even though I was using the coopers kits. I started brewing 3 weeks in my primary, and up to a month in the bottles. After I started this practice I couldn't believe how much better the beer tasted. It's not the best beer in the world, but I can drink lots in a night without any harsh after taste and my friends have even started buying some of it.

Some things I found wrong with his video were: Do not boil! Just hot water and mix it for a few minutes will dissolve the malt and dextrose. Leave it in the fermenter for 3 weeks, leave it in the bottles for a month.

What I have is a easy drinking light beer, with a cheaper price tag than the high priced beer in Ontario Canada.

I plan on moving up to AG brewing soon, but for any noob's reading this, the Coopers kits aren't that bad, not perfect, but I have no problem with them!

billy_awesome you come from the same "Taxes Gallore" Country as I.

And even, here in Quebec, the taxes are even worse! cause we get it coming from both sides of the political realms... :)

So i get your point, and it's great that you tried this method and learned a lot from trying it, again, more value to the videos cause it sounds to me like these videos have inspired you to at least try it?

Nothing wrong in trying and then perfecting methods for yourself. :)

Revvy indeed, i do think it is really impressive too.

From a musician's point of view, reproducing an existing track like this (making a cover) is not that easy, it takes dedication and a lot of practice, the man has got some serious drumming skills.

Now some would say this isnt no "Metallica" or "Slayer" track here, but IMO, it's not how fast or complicated you can play that makes you a good player, but then again, it's just my freakin opinion on the matter.

After all, what do I know about drumming?
Im just a freakin Guitar player.

To any noobs out there.... this technique is horrible in every aspect and will not produce good beer.

If you are just trying to make booze on the cheap, go buy some Fleischmann's vodka and continue to your nightly routine of masturbate, sob, and repeat.

EDIT: I will say that the entertainment value Craig offers and the jokes we have had at his expense are delicious.

And to that I say the immaturity is showing. A bunch of kids at the back of a class. Craig has a huge fan base. Get over it. Turn it off if you don't like it, but his delivery of information, and his recent annotations in his old brewing videos really proves that he is trying to give the best information on the extract brewing process. His newer brewing videos are great to watch. So many people have started brewing because of his videos. So stop wining.

:drunk:
Probably many of you have heard about the infamous Craig, this guy has made a little serie of videos teaching home brewing in the most minimalistic form.

This guy cuts corners so short it makes home brewing look like taking out the trash. :cross:

I have found his videos made me think in two ways, i gotta say i had a laugh here and there cause the man really doesnt take home brewing seriously or doesnt want to care about much details into doing it, wich in a way, can also be a good newbie primer into at least trying it once.

Wanna learn how to make a "one week in primary and then bottle and forget all about it" kinda batch?

I'd like to taste the stuff he makes and compare it to mine, maybe I'd be surprised?
After all... This is also Beer being made here. :fro:

This is where you start:
YouTube - Home brewing the easy way part 1

Part II:
YouTube - Home brewing the easy way part 2

Part III:
YouTube - Home brewing the easy way part 3

Part IV:
YouTube - Home brewing the easy way part 4

And since these old videos were posted, he has upped the anti with great videos showing us all kinds of stuff we can experiment with in the extract brewing domain. Great stuff.

I'm somewhat new here, and I have brewed about 8 Coopers kit's. I cannot brew AG or anything on the stove because my roomates complain about the smell.

Coopers kit's are great for learning how to brew, you still learn how to sanitize, bottle, and lots of other basic brewing techniques.

This guy's step by step guide, is almost exactly what is in the Coopers kit directions. Which are so incredible wrong. The directions state to keep the beer in the fermenter for 7-10 days! I did the same thing when I brewed my first batch of beer, I followed the directions (because obviously I thought they knew what they were talking about) I had it in the fermenter for 10 days. Then bottled it for another 10 days and tried the beer. What I had was horrible tasting flat beer, that tasted cidery (green beer).

Then I joined this forum and quickly learned useful tools to make better beer even though I was using the coopers kits. I started brewing 3 weeks in my primary, and up to a month in the bottles. After I started this practice I couldn't believe how much better the beer tasted. It's not the best beer in the world, but I can drink lots in a night without any harsh after taste and my friends have even started buying some of it.

Some things I found wrong with his video were: Do not boil! Just hot water and mix it for a few minutes will dissolve the malt and dextrose. Leave it in the fermenter for 3 weeks, leave it in the bottles for a month.

What I have is a easy drinking light beer, with a cheaper price tag than the high priced beer in Ontario Canada.

I plan on moving up to AG brewing soon, but for any noob's reading this, the Coopers kits aren't that bad, not perfect, but I have no problem with them!

I guess you haven't watched his latest videos. No boiling. Ya think maybe he's trying to improve his information? And complain to Cooper's about the procedures. It's not Craig's fault he's fallowing the guidelines that we will all get with the kits.

OK Fargo.... I've now read every one of your posts and it becomes quite obvious that you did not come to this site with any intention of either learning from or contributing to the homebrew community. You came here simply to look for posts containing Craig so that you could bash the people bashing Craig.

Now while I'm not going to say that everyone here has been fair to Craig I will say that signing up for a forum and bringing up long dead threads for the express intent of insulting the people who commented in those threads is what we commonly call Trolling.

I'm not nearly the talented musician that Craig is but I'll attempt to write you a song.

Ooooohhh Fargo the forum troll
look at him go, yeah, look at him go!
He came to our site to spread his hate,
but we're not gonna take the bait.
Writing posts to incite and inflame,
is that your only claim to fame?
Yeah Fargo the forum Troll,
look at him go, man. Look at him go.

I'm going to defend craig on this one. He continues to make videos and continues to improve his approach. His first set of videos he used a single can of extract now he uses two, he's experimenting and learning from it. Coopers kits will make drinkable beer with very little time involved, how can you hold wanting to make beer quick and easy against anyone?

Sorry I didn't check the date I thought it was a new one

If you guys are as fed up with Fargo dragging up these threads there is a Report Postbutton you can click.

If you all would do that it'll get locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back