Country wine food pairings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geode

Reaction score
I am making a sparkling Concorde wine from Welches grape juice. It is in the carbonating stage right now, and it is pretty dry. I have it in a plastic soda bottle, so I can make it sweet if I want without worrying about the build up pressure. It is high alcohol, so I decided not to add sulfides to it since I plan to keep it in the fridge and drink it within a few weeks. I am also making an apple cranberry wine, and I am making another one where I had extra juice left over so I mixed the apple cranberry juice and the grape juice. I was also thinking of doing an orange spice wine. My question is, what would be appropriate food pairings for these wines? Meals are fine, but I am especially interested in snacks and appetizers. I want to have some people try my homemade wine, and I want the food pairing to be good. I looked all over the Internet for information, and I could fine only one article that suggested food pairings for Concorde wine, but not sparkling Concorde wine. All of these winds are going to be sparkling except for the orange spice one. My yeast is the insane one that eats all the sugar. It is the Premier Blanc. I already got wine on my carpet because I did not use the auto siphon correctly. I started siphoning, but I forgot to plug in the tube. I honestly don't know if I got all of the sediment out, but it probably doesn't matter if I'm going to drink it in a few weeks. Even if it starts fermenting again inside the bottle, it is a plastic bottle and it will not break like glass so it doesn't matter that much. But what food pairings would be good? W

Even if it starts fermenting again inside the bottle, it is a plastic bottle and it will not break like glass so it doesn't matter that much.
Have you even shaken a pop bottle and then opened it?

I have but it won't do anything like that because it will be in the fridge. I understand that sulfides smell gross and I don't want to deal with something that smells gross and have to buy something else. Plus, I think it is basically all fermented anyways. I made the alcohol content go as high as I could. I think it will probably be OK. Also, I plan to drink it outside so even if something does happen, it will be out there. But I want to get some good food pairings to go with it.
Have you even shaken a pop bottle and then opened it?

Latest posts

Back