corona bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derek81

Reaction score
A friend donated a hundred bottles, i am thankful but is there a way to get the painted label off? These bottles arnt to weal are they?

As for the labels I don't have good advice, but clear bottles are bad for beer and I would not use them for anything you care about beer wise.

They let is harmful UV rays that react with hops to skunk the beer.

100 bottles would be way more work than it's worth. I think acetone and some other chemicals may work. Use them for conditioning evaluations and a batch of becks clone.:mug:

CLR will take the labels off the corona bottles after a 30+ minute soak.. There perfect for apfelwine and skeeter pee ect.. I've had good luck with heavy/dark beers in them too.. I still can't get red stripe labels off :(

edmanster said:
CLR will take the labels off the corona bottles after a 30+ minute soak.. There perfect for apfelwine and skeeter pee ect.. I've had good luck with heavy/dark beers in them too.. I still can't get red stripe labels off :(

Good point I guess they would be great for cider.

I got 20 16oz grolsch bottles and 16 brown 12 oz bottles (Victoria ) that is 512 ounces of beer. I just need a 12 pack more now
. I have a batch fermenting right now (coopers draught) would it be better fit for these bottles?

They will always be wrapped up in a closet till i chill them to drink

Samuel Smith uses clear bottles for stouts so I don't know why you couldn't as well.

badbrew said:
Samuel Smith uses clear bottles for stouts so I don't know why you couldn't as well.

Plenty of breweries use clear and green bottles for their beers, that does not mean it does not affect the flavor. Of course you can use them, but the light will contribute to off flavors in the beer as they are exposed to light.

Latest posts

Back